Cybernet: Possible silly questions, but I realy wanna know!

slingbld

Mongoose
Q#1
Ok,
We know you need to plug in to go into "The Web".

Where does it specifically state that you need a data jack/ data plug, etc in the OGL Cybernet in order to interface w/ The Web??

I can't find anything in the Cyberware or The Web chapters about this.

In CP2020 as well as Shadowrun, this was a piece of cyberware that needed to be pruchased in order to access The Web.

Did I REALY miss something here?

Q#2
Where are the rules for Maximum Damage Critical?
Is it only possible when using Edge Dice?
Is this another clearly explained item I just looked right over?

Slingbld~

The FAQ posted to the cybernet downloads section, should take care of the maximum damage crit, as far as I know, it can only be done using edge dice.

As far as the 'data Jack' You can have your interface plugs installed anywhere you want. And as many as you have creds for. Some common locations are neck, temple, wrist, even had a netrunner once that strapped his deck to his thigh, so the jack was on his inner thigh. Always raised some eyebrows when he starting unzipping the inner thigh of his pants and winked at the party saying, "I gotta jack in." of course he got a lot of, "Yeah, right, you mean off?"

PsyJack

psyclonejack said:
As far as the 'data Jack' You can have your interface plugs installed anywhere you want. And as many as you have creds for. Some common locations are neck, temple, wrist, even had a netrunner once that strapped his deck to his thigh, so the jack was on his inner thigh. Always raised some eyebrows when he starting unzipping the inner thigh of his pants and winked at the party saying, "I gotta jack in." of course he got a lot of, "Yeah, right, you mean off?"

PsyJack

Ok, thanks for Max damage crit clarification.
I know you can put the plugs just about anywhere. What I'm looking for are what pages in the OGL Cybernet book does it detail Interface Plugs?
What page does it mention you need the plugs in order to interface in The Web?
I cannot find any mention of these in the OGL Cybernet book.

Can anyone point this possibly blind fellow to the correct page number with this info?

Thanks!!

Slingbld~

Just a wee bump.
Still looking to see if I can get any help. I emailed Mongoose but still have not heard back. It's been3 business days. What is the usual turnaround tim efor any rules questions sent in?

Anyone know where in the OGL Cybernet book where it specifically gives us rules on data links or data plugs? How much does it cost to get tehm installed? I cannot find any specific rules on how they are installed, what they cost or anything else. All I've found are vague refferences to them in The Web section & in the classes that can go into The Web.

Can anyone help out here whilst I await the venerable response from the greatest Mongoose of them all, August!!

slingbld said:
Just a wee bump.
Still looking to see if I can get any help. I emailed Mongoose but still have not heard back. It's been3 business days. What is the usual turnaround tim efor any rules questions sent in?

In my experience, as soon they have the time. I have never seen anything go unanswered.

- Sonny

<chuckles>

Greatest Mongoose; surely not. But thank you...

<blush>

Now, to your questions:

The reason data plugs and links are left undetailed is that they are so common and yet so widely varied from setting to setting that the decision was made to leave them undefined. My personal suggestion is to let anyone who wants them get them and not worry about time, cost, or surgery. They have no intrinsic Self cost (almost being a fashion accessory more than cyberware in the same class and body piercings).

That help, Sling?

-August

That's what I was thinking but I have 3 players I game with that HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING SPELLED OUT!!

It gets rather annoying at times. I've written up a house rule just for them:

Data link plugs
Cost DC: 10
Implant DC: 15

'Nuff said for those nit pickers :)

Back