Cults of Glorantha errata project

Excellent work Deleriad.
To be honest I didn't notice half the stuff you've put together.
You can see why things didn't sell well, these things should really have been picked up in proof reading, oh well no point crying over spilt milk.

Much like Pruneau I tend to run games set in 3rd age though have kept the cults as they are. Generally speaking the cults aren't too dissimilar between the ages. But I'm running some ideas for a campaign together and need to go through the books again, I'll see if I pick any thing up.

Thanks for the comments folks. I guess what I'll do is leave this to run for another week or so and then produce a final version which I'll offer to Mongoose as an errata document.

Based on comments so far I'm going to suggest that Wind Mastery is an Initiate spell. It is the "signature" spell of Orlanth Thunderous after all and at one wind strength per 3 Magnitude it takes 91% in Pact to get close to Hurricane strength.

Something I noticed recently on the Pamalt Myth:
The write-up of the myth makes use of the old names for the god/spirits associated to Pamalt;
Lodril rather than Balumbasta
Kolat rather than Kersaun
Slor rather than Nyanka.

I'm not particularly a fan of using different names for a god just because he is in a different area.

Lodril is a mega-god who has deep and rich mythology in many different places. Why not call him Lodril in those places?

In any case, even if the natives called him by a different name, the God Learners have shown that this is the same god.

Other sources place Balumbasta as Lodril yet he appears in the cult description as part of the necklace (as Balumbasta) and as an associated cult(as Lodril).
Confused me a bit.

Exubae said:
Other sources place Balumbasta as Lodril yet he appears in the cult description as part of the necklace (as Balumbasta) and as an associated cult(as Lodril).
Confused me a bit.

Just had a quick bit of looking because I'm by no means an expert on Glorantha. I suspect this can be chalked down to being a mystery rather than being an error of fact. Probably God Learner meddling involved somewhere.

Back