Crusade R1 DVD release.

Steve

Mongoose
Have a gander at this...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2177

and I quote: "whoo-hoo!" :lol:

Excellent!

Although since I've only been getting R2 releases (Largely through choice not necessity) I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

Now we just need a DVD release of Legend of the Rangers (and the upcoming Memory of Shadows) and my collection will be complete (complete twice over in fact, got all the UK released VHS as well.)

LBH

Well, with R1 you seem to get all the good stuff (look at the R1 Movie box, with the extra commentaries for In the Beginning and The Gathering).

ronbogard said:
Other regions dont have those?

Not always. The Season 1 boxed set of Stargate SG-1 in Region 2 was eps only, while the Region 1 boxed set had extras on it.

That combined with the fact R1 is usually cheaper, even after importing, means I usually buy Region 1 boxed sets nowadays.

Sometimes it works the other way around, ie the R1 'The Girl Next Door' has no extras while the R2 has loads. The R2 James Bond DVDs are all better too.

Sometimes R2 releases come out before the R1 releases. Farscape is a case in point. The number of US Scapers I've heard moaning because they hadn't thought ahead enough to buy Multi Region DVD players "cos R1 is better".

Frelling colonial upstarts! (Kidding)

LBH

My multi-region player cost 39.99 GBP from Amazon; I bought it specifically so I could get my B5 stuff the second it was released....Must have B5...........Must have B5........

Steve said:
My multi-region player cost 39.99 GBP from Amazon; I bought it specifically so I could get my B5 stuff the second it was released....Must have B5...........Must have B5........

I got my DVD player back in the days when it cost £20 extra to get an MR player. it has 10 Region Settings:

0 : Plays from any region and region free DVDs (Some newer DVDs won't work on this setting as they are more specifically coded)
1-8 : Exactly emulating Region 1 thru 8 avoiding the problem mentioned above.
9 : As per 0.

A bit more low tech than the more modern MR players but gets round all region specific coding tricks as it can become a single region player for any region.

Hi-tech ain't necessarily better. And better is the enemy of good enough!

LBH

Back