Crusade Questions

SJE

Mongoose
Hi,

Hoping someone with the book can help me out. Every year or so, I get all nostaligic for B5 and some of the best television of the 90's. Recently Crusade made its way to the top of my Amazon DVD rental list, so I'm thinking a lot about it.

Now Crusade had some horrible plots, some of the acting was a bit ropy and the crew never had time to gel. But there were some intrigueing mysteries lost amongst its "wonder of the week" format.

Hopefully the Crusade book might answer them as. As an 'unfinished story' of the B5 universe, it would be great to have the PC's take over where the show left off. Some real potential there for empowering the PC's to make a difference and find the cure for the Drakh plague.

So heres the specific questions I'm interested in-

-Does the book discuss finding the cure and whats involved?
-Does it describe Apocalypse Boxes and what they are?
-Does it reveal what was going on with Galen?

Thanks!

Steve
_______

SJE said:
Hoping someone with the book can help me out.
Well, I'll do my best. ;-)

SJE said:
-Does the book discuss finding the cure and whats involved?
Not quite, although it does give a few hints as to what it could be, if you know where to look. JMS has said that a cure would have been found in Crusade season 2, but from hints that have been laid it wouldn't have been straightforward. In an interview on Filmforce, JMS said of the plague:

Suffice it to say that – through a series of incidents – the Excalibur crew would have been considered traitors and have to basically be on the run. Further, the cure that Earth would have believed to be the right one would not in fact work as they think it would have worked. Our guys would find out about this, and no one would have believed them. As things unravel, it’s a larger conspiracy, so basically – after the second year – the show you think Crusade is would be a whole different show, with much more depth to it, more political, more controversial in some ways, and would deal with the impact of technology on society, would cast our characters as renegades and loners without port, and turn the whole series upside-down.

SJE said:
-Does it describe Apocalypse Boxes and what they are?
Yes, it does. There's around three pages on the box.

SJE said:
What do you mean? If you're on about why he was following them all around, and what he was looking for, then yes, it's covered in the unproduced episodes. These episodes are covered in the Crusade book.

Chobbly

I was watching the Racing the Night commentary today and JMS mentioned that at the end of Season 1 of Crusade, Capt. Gideon would be shot and die. However, his counsciousness would be preserved in the Apocalypse Box and speak out of it, until they could re-unite body & soul.

Another interesting theme was the idea that Dureena wanted the powers of a technomage. She'd go off alone for a few eps and then come back with the beginnings of "abilities like Galens. But on a darker path, leading her into conflict with Galen"

Dark Technomages. Cool! :twisted:

SJE

SJE said:
I was watching the Racing the Night commentary today and JMS mentioned that at the end of Season 1 of Crusade, Capt. Gideon would be shot and die. However, his counsciousness would be preserved in the Apocalypse Box and speak out of it, until they could re-unite body & soul.

Another interesting theme was the idea that Dureena wanted the powers of a technomage. She'd go off alone for a few eps and then come back with the beginnings of "abilities like Galens. But on a darker path, leading her into conflict with Galen

Thanks, you just made me angry that they didn't give this show a chance all over again. :(

I always wished that they showed some of the other races in the ISA like the Yolu, Hyach, Ipsha, Kor-lyans, Gaim, Brakiri, Abbai......i mean sure you saw them in B5 but you never really saw them if you get my meaning.

I never really thought she was interested in the mages power....i mean sure everyone is interested in that power but didnt really show in Crusade :p would have been interesting though.....

lastbesthope said:
Perhaps you and your 'associates' could get it on the air for us again Mr Morden? :lol:

LBH

Sadly even they are not that powerful.

On the other hand, we do have a Babylon 5 article in S&P Roleplayer this month.

Ulkesh said:
I always wished that they showed some of the other races in the ISA like the Yolu, Hyach, Ipsha, Kor-lyans, Gaim, Brakiri, Abbai......i mean sure you saw them in B5 but you never really saw them if you get my meaning.

I never really thought she was interested in the mages power....i mean sure everyone is interested in that power but didnt really show in Crusade :p would have been interesting though.....

Well she did at one point get rebuffed by Galen at her (unspoken) request to learn his ways.

Can't remember which episode right now, in my defense I am v tired and slightly inebriated :lol:

LBH

SJE said:
Another interesting theme was the idea that Dureena wanted the powers of a technomage. She'd go off alone for a few eps and then come back with the beginnings of "abilities like Galens. But on a darker path, leading her into conflict with Galen"

Dark Technomages. Cool! :twisted:

SJE

Speaking of Dureena, did anyone else notice the same actress playing an EA officer in Babylon 5 :)

SJE said:

If you are meaning about his past and why he is like he is, then check out the Passing of the Technomages trilogy, as its all explained in there.

Neo said:
Speaking of Dureena, did anyone else notice the same actress playing an EA officer in Babylon 5 :)

You mean the EA Doctor in "Exogenesis"? NAh hadn't noticed :lol:

But did you know she played a Brakiri woman in "Racing Mars"? The one who Garibaldi pulls off Sheridan for treating him like the Pope.

That is also the "Woohoo?" episode :lol:

LBH

You mean the EA Doctor in "Exogenesis"? NAh hadn't noticed

But did you know she played a Brakiri woman in "Racing Mars"? The one who Garibaldi pulls off Sheridan for treating him like the Pope.

That is also the "Woohoo?" episode

LBH

man do you just know this buy heart or.. ? :shock:

Back