Cost of Magnamund Mega-Deal an error?

topple

Mongoose
I just realized after purchasing the Magnamund Mega-Deal that the cost just doesn't add up. So the Magnamund Mega-Deal costs $500, ignoring the "bonus books", this deal includes Lone Wolf 13-32, even at $24 a piece that's still less than $500. So what's the deal with this?

topple said:
Nioce...then that is a deal! Thanks for the quick reply!

Should also be noted that the Mega-Deals also protect you against any future price rises (not that any are planned...).

Seeing the quantity of errors every book has showed, I don't think 29,99 dollars could be a fair price... you'd better publish paperback editions as soon as possibile if you want someone to buy these books...

In the UK Flight form the Dark was £9.95. From book 14 onwards they are £15. That is a whopping 50% increase in price!

This certainly makes the mega-deal more attractive. But I certainly can't afford the big outlay. I was buying these books piecemeal, but the price increase will put a stop to that I think.

I'll still be buying them - that's the advantage with the long time between books as it allows me to afford them!

I like the books and I'm happy to buy £15 for them - maybe not if they were £20 but we shall see. Sadly everything is increasing in price though, mostly because of the ever-increasing petrol prices. Wonder how long it will be before they increase after a certain oil-company's inablity to do their job. :(

A certain amount of inflation is understandable, but to my mind the increase is too big.

Since I have the originals, the new editions have two appeals:
1. The bonus adventure
2. As LW collectors items.
And sadly I don't think they are worth the price tag.

I will certainly be buying 29-32 though.

I doubt it's all inflation. Since the economy dropped I expect general sales fell, hence a price increase to cover production costs. I may be wrong here, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I only hope VAT doesn't go up as well, otherwise that's even more sales which will drop as everyone will save like crazy!

but it affects the cost of other things and folks will take the increase in the cost of living out of their Entertainment Budget that they use ro spend on Books.

Back