Conversion from Babylon 5 Wars to Babylon 5 (D20) RPG

A

Anonymous

I´ve many Babylon 5 Wars Rule /Background Books.
And now I want to ask if somebody have an idea how to convert the Babylon 5 Wars SCS (Ship Control Sheets) to Babylon 5 RPG (D20) ship stats ?

An earlier post from Agent 1 said it was basically done on a "that looks good" basis.

Personally I would like to see Mongoose resurrect the B5W system and edit it into a perfect starship combat d20 system.

Its already pretty close and shouldnt be too hard to convert.

Sort of...it's no longer being made, but pop over to http://b5wars.net and go to the general discussion forum, and look for the topic "Would anybody buy miniatures?" I basically picked up a distributor's stock and have been selling it off. More info and instructions can be found there.

It sucks, Agents of Gaming lost the license about the time Mongoose got theirs. I was not happy about that but AoG did get most of the stuff you're going to find or need done in the stuff they did publish. However after the main series you won't be able to find anything. No Thirdspace aliens, no stats on the Excalibur, no stats on the Drakh, it stinks. However since you got the main guy there that worked on that stuff it could be possible to restart that line again, make the new stuff coming out compatible with the old stuff and avoid the little bit of codex escalation that happened in the AoG line (there were one or two alien races in the 2nd league book that seemed a little over the top) and I'm sure people would be happy.

Or at least publish the occasional .pdf on the Mongoose site for new ships to use :wink: Either way it would be interesting to see what the effects of various level crewmembers (from the D20 version) would be on B5W.

Like some of you here I've had this same idea ofmixing B5wars with the d20 game. I have experimented and i'll tell you what I did.

first, I scanned a Corprate Transport. I then used photoshop to do some editing of it. I removed all of the hitpoint boxes, weapon information and ship information as it related to the b5 wars stuff.

I left in place, however, all of the icons for weapons, thrusters, etc. Those that I left I gave 6 boxes that represented the 5 levels of critical hits, with the 6th box indicating that the object was destroyed.

I then put down the ships main hull HP as per D20 rules, and gave each of the 8 cargo pods their own seperate hit points as listed in the rules as well. The cargo ships DR is 8 so I listed that as well.

I left in place the hit location chart.

Now, imagine a Delta V attacking it on the port side. To make it simple the Raider hits the transport. The attacker rolls a d20 on the aft hits location (maybe the Delta V was left side but back more) and rolls a 9. He has struck cargo pod G. He does his damage. Next round.

Now, imagine if he had struck the ships particle canon. In this case I came up with a house rule. Take the damage the delta V (in this case) is doing the the transport and subtract it from the main hull of the ship, accounting for the DR. Now, divide this post-DR damage by the ships DR. This number is how many levels of critical the ships system took.

Eg: The raider hits and does 12 damage with 1st damage roll, and 10 with second damage roll. This rusults in 4dmg and 2dmg getting through DR. I would rule that the damage is stacked as the weapons both strike the same target (if I remember correctly from b5wars). So the total damage after DR is 6. Divide the damage by 8 and round up, to get 1. The particle canon takes 1 level of critical.

I think of it as the gun is what was struck, but that damage transfers to damge to the main hull as well.

I hope I was clear...this is my first post.

Abraxus

DKeith2011 said:
An earlier post from Agent 1 said it was basically done on a "that looks good" basis.

Personally I would like to see Mongoose resurrect the B5W system and edit it into a perfect starship combat d20 system.

Its already pretty close and shouldnt be too hard to convert.

Probably what is not going to happen, but I think we will get a quality ship minis game. maybe something that plays just a little faster than B5W?

Guest said:
Like some of you here I've had this same idea ofmixing B5wars with the d20 game. I have experimented and i'll tell you what I did....

I like this idea and I think that I am going to have to copy it for future use. At least until the new ship combat system is released for B5.

Back