ConQuest Sacramento

stryve

Mongoose
I'm planning on running a couple games at ConQuest Sac again this year. One of them will probably be a basic demo, but I'd like to try something different for the other. Any interest, or suggestions?

Just thinking off the top of head:

1) Battle of the Titans - Only 1 ship per player or only 4 ships per fleet

2) how about a scenario where no two ships in one's fleet can be the same

3) Ban certain "broken" ships from fleet lists

4) Pre-set terrain and see how people do with similar terrain

5) Only League Fleets

6) Mixed fleets - allow players to choose ships from any race/affiliation for their fleet - "broken-ness unlimited"

7) Early period - no ships after a certain date

1 War + 1 Raid is also an excellent combination and would likely be a lot of fun.

However, I kinda of would like to see some Armageddon level ships fight it out. I would allow players to have a War level ship proxy for an Armageddon level ship.

Yeah, I'd like to see some larger ships myself. So, maybe an Armageddon (proxies allowed) and 2 Raids, or 1 Battle? Something along those lines, anyway. I've got a Warlock and a Corumai I could proxy...

stryve said:
Yeah, I'd like to see some larger ships myself. So, maybe an Armageddon (proxies allowed) and 2 Raids, or 1 Battle? Something along those lines, anyway. I've got a Warlock and a Corumai I could proxy...

I was thinking of using a Corumai as a proxy also, Its huge. I also have a Drakh Mothership and a Centauri Adira ready to be painted.

As 2 war level ships are usually better than 1 Armageddon, I would require them to be Armageddon level but allow proxies (other ships, painted bricks, etc.)

That's what I meant; 1 Armageddon ship, not 1 Armageddon FAP. And I'd definitely allow proxies, though I'd prefer actual minis, counters, or at least something that looks vaguely similar to what it's supposed to represent. After all, I'd like to play in this myself, and I don't have any Arma minis; not to mention that the Brivoki and Neroon never went into production.

Another question is what format to use. Massive free-for-all, random teams, random 1 vs. 1 match ups? Not a tournament, though (as I said, I'd like to play myself, and I don't feel competent to run one. I've only ever played in a tournament once, after all).

And last, what scenario? I'm leaning towards Call to Arms for simplicities sake.

Well, your event but I would be cautious about free-for-alls. Someone is going to feel picked on. 1 on 1 & Call to Arms seems an obvious choice. Random teams sounds interesting. Some interesting teams might be possible: Drakh & Abbai; Shadows and Brakiri; Centauri & Narn; Cats & Dogs; ....

I used "3 points War but must have at least one war or higher ship" - although certain fleets - well mainly Drazi - then suffer badly using standard rules and fleets.

I'm trying to put something together that's interesting enough for players to actualy show up, so the input is welcome. I think random teams Call to Arms will probably be it. Easier to say how much table space I'll need that way.

I know that requiring an Arma ship limts fleet choice pretty severely. Half the races don't even have one, after all! That's why I was originally thinking 1 War and 2 Raid, but I think I want to see the really big boys play. Besides, I've been looking for an excuse to put a Brivoki on the table. :D

Pawnographer said:
stryve said:

I was thinking of using a Corumai as a proxy also, Its huge. I also have a Drakh Mothership and a Centauri Adira ready to be painted.

As 2 war level ships are usually better than 1 Armageddon, I would require them to be Armageddon level but allow proxies (other ships, painted bricks, etc.)

If this ridiculous heat wave doesn't end soon, your Adira may be ready sooner then you think :)

stepan.razin said:
[If this ridiculous heat wave doesn't end soon, your Adira may be ready sooner then you think :)

Adira put together, needs paint!

Wow - Good to hear from you!!! Rumor has it that you had been kidnapped by either a professional ski team or wild Japanese women or some combination thereof!!!!

Back