Conan - Upcoming Releases

Azgulor

Banded Mongoose
Any info/rumors on upcoming Conan supplements? Particularly with regards to the Thief/Pirate/Temptress supplement (Hyboria's Foulest?) and any new nation/region books?

Thanks,

Azgulor

Lots of goodies are coming - by the end of the year, you'll have Hyboria's Finest, Hyboria's Fallen, the Shadow of the Sorcerer campaign and two scenarios!

Cool :). By the way, does Mongoose have a schedule of nation/regionbook releases? Something like "barbarians-civilised-barbarians-civilised" or "big boys first" or "start with Picts and make your way through close countries"? Or is it just "whatever is going to sell at the moment"?

Here's a secret about Mr. Darlage that no one seems to know:

He actually only speaks binary. So he has to write the books completely in binary and then have a computer geek do all the translations. That's why it's taking him so long.

Yes, Vincent Darlage is a robot.

Stygia sounds like fun. I don't know if I'm all that excited about a book on Shem (though I have no doubt I'll eventually buy it).

Any clues on which one will be completed first?

Shem will be completed first, although I have a decent amount of Stygia done already.

I'd be done already, except someone typed a bunch of random 2s amid all my 0s and 1s and the situation understandably freaked me out.

Shem will be completed first, although I have a decent amount of Stygia done already.

Yay...!

I'd be done already, except someone typed a bunch of random 2s amid all my 0s and 1s and the situation understandably freaked me out.

Hahahahahaha!

Vincent,

How many pages are your articles in Signs in Portents? Mulling over getting #24 but paying 5.95 + shipping for a couple pages would not be worth it...Does your articles info make it into the source books you write?

Great News on Shem and Stygia, when do we see Vendhya?

I would imagine it will be four or five pages with a map. I am not sure. I haven't seen the edited version of it. Other articles are of varying length. If I write a sourcebook that would logically use an article, then I will put it in. Tortage will definitely not be appearing in Shem or Stygia, which are my only two assignments right now. I have not been assigned Vendhya, so I have no idea when or if it will be appearing.

Just out of curiosity, Mr. Darlage -- what would you LIKE to write about, if you could choose any region or theme in Conan?

Zeus said:
Cool :). By the way, does Mongoose have a schedule of nation/regionbook releases? Something like "barbarians-civilised-barbarians-civilised" or "big boys first" or "start with Picts and make your way through close countries"? Or is it just "whatever is going to sell at the moment"?

There will be exceptions, but basically we are starting in the West and working East!

Hmm. Hopefully that means something on Zingara might be under consideration (considering it's a Western country).

Damien said:
Just out of curiosity, Mr. Darlage -- what would you LIKE to write about, if you could choose any region or theme in Conan?

I have been begging to write Stygia since I was first assigned The Road of Kings, so I am VERY excited to write that.

Outside of that, I am hoping Mongoose will let me write a Turan/Hyrkania sourcebook. I think I could do it justice. I would also love to write Vendhya.

As for a theme, if you haven't noticed from my personal website, I would love to write a book of statted up Conan characters from the books and stories. I don't know if there would be a market for that or not, but I love statting up characters.

Stygia is on the top of my wish list. - Right next to Zingara.

Hyrkania sounds good.

But as for the Conan character stats thing - you could always try to convince Mongoose to do it as a PDF release, since that's much lower on the cost scale. I think most people here would be a Conan NPC Compendium PDF.

(And no, I haven't seen your site, the WWW link on your posts doesn't work for me - am I the only one?)

Back