Conan toys from McFarlane toys

Has anybody picked these up? I think they came out awesome, but what else would you expect from McFarlane. I picked up the Fire Dragon figure, but they have a couple Conans,Belit, Svadun, and Skifell also.

I picked up all six, and here are my thoughts:

Conan the Indomitable - my favorite of the lot.

Belit - 2nd favorite, very nice, though her costume isn't really what I would expect. The description says she's in disguise as a Stygian Priestess, referring to some unknown adventure.

Skifell - he barely stands up alone, and his base slides together with Conan the Indomintable. Unfortunately, when set properly, this looks like they aren't facing each other in combat.

Conan of Cimmeria - this would have been my favorite but for the pose. He leans terribly when on his base, and his head is molded facing to the side, rather than straight on or even half-turned. His hands, too, hold his weapons in a less-than-threatening manner.

Fire Dragon - all right, though a bit small.

Svadun - some character they faked up (my suspicion is that this is a leftover model from the Spawn: Viking Age 2 series that came out last year), who seems to be some generic warrior-valkyrie type, near-naked and covered with blue tribal tattoos. My least favorite of the bunch, as it just doesn't seem like she belongs in the Hyborian Age.

On the other hand, I also picked up the Genghis Khan figure, and he looks like he came from the roughest part of Hyrkania, and is far more Conan-esque than most of the others, looking like a Frazetta painting come to life.

Jason Durall said:
On the other hand, I also picked up the Genghis Khan figure, and he looks like he came from the roughest part of Hyrkania, and is far more Conan-esque than most of the others, looking like a Frazetta painting come to life.
If you can find it, pick up the "Vlad the Impaler" figure. He goes well with the othe Hyborian figures, and his expression is wonderful.

We should all buy them to help Todd oout after his 3 million dollar baseball became a paper-weight! :lol:

Ranz
Has his swimmies on in SF Bay waiting for Barry to launch again!

Mythos said:
If you can find it, pick up the "Vlad the Impaler" figure. He goes well with the othe Hyborian figures, and his expression is wonderful.

Actually, he is also on the shelf with the Conan figs and the Khan - but I forgot about him. However, I don't think he's as "realistic" as the others, with the ridiculous dragon-winged sword and the heads hanging from the belt.

The McFarlane figure Conan of Cimmeria looks quite like Amra the Lion illustration by Quilliams in Pirate Isles. Looks great btw.

Sorry for the double post, but I checked McFarlane site, and they have put up info on the Conan series 2.

* Coming March 2005
* No pictures yet

Models:
* CONAN THE WARRIOR
* MAN-EATING HAUNTER OF THE PITS
* XALTOTUN THE UNDEAD
* PALLANTIDES OF THE BLACK DRAGONS
* ZENOBIA
* KING CONAN OF AQUILONIA

http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=266

Back