Conan Rpg: Tales Of The Black Kingdoms

yargash

Mongoose
MGP 7714 Conan Rpg: Tales Of The Black Kingdoms
This comprehensive sourcebook for the Conan roleplaying game provides extensive setting, campaign, and adventure materials that take players on a harrowing journey into the lands of the most mysterious and savage races in Hyborea.
(as usual, from alliance catalogue)

Sounds great!

Thanks! I forgot the price ($15.95), but I think it's wrong. It's not aligned with the current Mongoose policy (big products, big price)

I wonder how they get the info even before Amazon ... Perhaps the Mongoose has some stock options there? :wink:

The King said:
I wonder how they get the info even before Amazon ... Perhaps the Mongoose has some stock options there? :wink:

It's not surprising - Mongoose (like all other game companies) sells primarily to game/comic distributors like Alliance, whereas the business they get through places like amazon.com and buy.com are nominal compared to the game store distribution.

Amazon.com, bless them, are famous for having incorrect information about game products, when they have it all.

Jason Durall said:
The King said:

It's not surprising - Mongoose (like all other game companies) sells primarily to game/comic distributors like Alliance, whereas the business they get through places like amazon.com and buy.com are nominal compared to the game store distribution.

Amazon.com, bless them, are famous for having incorrect information about game products, when they have it all.
Thanks for the info Jason. I noticed that amazon, from where I usually buy because their prices are attractive (I am in the Euro zone), doesn't make any difference between first printing and the second (corrected) printing. That's why I couldn't decide myself to order the Core books for fear that they send me the first one again. :wink:

BTW How many pages did you write already for the campaign? Can't you give us some cues where the PCs will begin?

The King said:
BTW How many pages did you write already for the campaign? Can't you give us some cues where the PCs will begin?

Are you talking about Shadow of the Sorcerer (which I am the author of), or Tales of the Black Kingdoms (authored by Nicholas Berquist)?

SotS begins in Messantia, and I have no idea about TotBK (just learned about it here, this morning).

I was talking of your campaign.
Messantia, then it's a good idea to publish a boxed set on the city. Hope the ideas comes easily to your mind and am definilty looking forward to reading this adventure. :wink:

Who is Nicholas Berquist? His name is not unknown but I am enable to remind where I saw it.

The King said:
I was talking of your campaign.
Messantia, then it's a good idea to publish a boxed set on the city. Hope the ideas comes easily to your mind and am definilty looking forward to reading this adventure. :wink:

Who is Nicholas Berquist? His name is not unknown but I am enable to remind where I saw it.

The Messantia boxed set is not required for use of The Shadow of the Sorcerer. I mention that it might be useful for GMs who want to increase the scope of the initial adventure, but it is not required by any stretch.

At the get-go, when I began writing, my goal (which my editor supported) was that no books other than the core rulebook would be needed to play through the entire adventure. Throughout it, I mention where a particular sourcebook might enrich play or serve as an alternate means of handling an event, but the campaign is playable as is.

Initially, I was getting Nicholas' name confused with Theodore Bergquist, CEO of Conan Properties International.

Jason Durall said:
The Messantia boxed set is not required for use of The Shadow of the Sorcerer. I mention that it might be useful for GMs who want to increase the scope of the initial adventure, but it is not required by any stretch.

At the get-go, when I began writing, my goal (which my editor supported) was that no books other than the core rulebook would be needed to play through the entire adventure. Throughout it, I mention where a particular sourcebook might enrich play or serve as an alternate means of handling an event, but the campaign is playable as is. .
I am quite impatient so see the result. 8)

Initially, I was getting Nicholas' name confused with Theodore Bergquist, CEO of Conan Properties International
That's it! I knew Bergquist was Swedish. That's where the Conan licence is.

Back