Conan RPG Indices

Yogah of Yag

Mongoose
For my own edification and personal use, I am compiling a comprehensive index for all of my Conan RPG books thus far (since their Tables of Contents and/or own indices leave something to be desired), beginning with the Core Rules (Paperback edition). I am noting the Heading Titles and respective page numbers. If this is not in violation with Mongoose's property rights, and others are interested, I can make it available to others for reference purposes only. Parties interested may PM me at their leisure.

So you're doing the Pocket Conan book first? Okay.

I think what I'd like to see is a comprehensive index each of all feats and all skills. With so many books out now, I have a tough time remembering where I saw what. A good example might be the rules for Demoralizing an opponent, which someone recently asked about in the forums. I'd forgotten that it was a function of the Intimidate skill and it isn't in the index of the AE book itself. I'm sure that's the case for other books and other similar rules.

Sutek said:
So you're doing the Pocket Conan book first? Okay.

I think what I'd like to see is a comprehensive index each of all feats and all skills. With so many books out now, I have a tough time remembering where I saw what. A good example might be the rules for Demoralizing an opponent, which someone recently asked about in the forums. I'd forgotten that it was a function of the Intimidate skill and it isn't in the index of the AE book itself. I'm sure that's the case for other books and other similar rules.

The Pocket edition is all I have until I can snag a cheap, perhaps used, copy of the hardback Atlantean. Since everybody and his uncle is trying to unload the dreaded 1st edition, the later edition is tough to locate.

Ideally, what I would like to do is a MASTER INDEX of all Conan RPG books, very thoroughly indexed, with multiply redundant entries to make it easier to use. Once Fallen comes out I will add that to the Master Index as well. The Pocket Rulebook's index I will complete today, but the Master will take time.

urdinaran said:
What format are you doing it in? Maybe you can use some help from the rest of us? Group project mebbe?
Good question, and good offer. I just posted in another thread that I was looking up something in the Aquilonia book, rolled to the back of the book, and there was no index!! It took like 5 to 10 minutes to find what I was looking for!

I think it's a great project that Yogah of Yag is starting, and am amazed that I or probably no one else thought of it before now. Commend you for the effort. If you do wanna let others' offers to help go, let us know. Otherwise, let us know when you've got something ready and we'll PM you about getting it (and respond with urdinaran's question about what format you're using - MS Word, something apple-based, or .PDF?) :)

I'm very close to finishing the index for the Core Rules. It will be very thorough and much more useful than the tiny index Mongoose provided.
After this is done in the next 24 hours or so, I will offer each index separately and together as a "Master Index." I will need someone to provide the Hardback edition's page numbers, both the flawed 1st edition and, most importantly, the revised Atlantean edition.

Some conventions:

Section Heading, page number [book abbreviation]

E.g.

Actions in Combat, 233 [CRp]

as well as the same entry indexed thusly:

Combat, Actions in, 233 [CRp]

(CRp being Core Rules, paperback)

other abbrev. will be RoK (Road of Kings), SS (Scrolls of Skelos), etc.

I will also provide the indices online on my website as they are finished.

Tell ya what. I'll do the easy work off your pocket edition index when you finish it and go through swapping out the AE page numbers. How's that sound? You'll have done most of the sirty work already... 8)

HERE IT IS (in ZIP format):

http://www.fidnet.com/~bushfarm/wnvb/conan10.html

Feel free to comment if necessary.

Now I will start adding Indices for the other books.

(I don't have Thunder River, Fallen, or Black Kingdoms yet.)

Thanks Yogah - very nice!

You may be in the outer dark and bored but you are productive :lol:

I've already printed out your indices and added them to my Conan binder.

You da man 8)

Ideally it would be nice to see each entry accompanied by the page nos. in the AE so something can be referenced in the future with both numbers for the benefit of readers/other posters.

Next up, I will upload a listing of all monsters, NPC's from the books I've got so far.

1) The index for Pirate Isles is NOW UP!
2) A small index of PC/NPC/monster stat write-ups is NOW UP!
Both are in ZIP format.

http://www.fidnet.com/~bushfarm/wnvb/conan10.html

Enjoy.

Back