Conan RPG for E-Tools???

Does anyone know of any type of program that is similar in function to E-Tools but is designed for the Conan RPG instead of the D&D?

- Hollywood

I nearly had a heart attack when I read the title. I thought it implied that E-Tools had a Conan add-on. As per your question I'm not aware of one.

I think it would be possible to create a "workable" database, XML sheets, and such, to create a modified E-Tools that would work with Conan. However, I am not at all 100% certain of this.

I have done so for Dragonstar and Star Wars.

I'm using DM Genie, and it works awesome! Everything I've entered or added to it has worked perfectly. It's not real flashy, but it more than gets the job done.

-Hollywood

I will check it out. It is however very likely that I will create my own Conan dataset for eTools, with the statblock xsl code that is required to calculate the unusual features such as dodge and parry DV.

Hollywood Hogan said:
I'm using DM Genie, and it works awesome! Everything I've entered or added to it has worked perfectly. It's not real flashy, but it more than gets the job done.

-Hollywood
I have looked at this product briefly, but that was before I got my hands on Conan. A few questions:
How does it handle Dodge and Parry bonuses (as opposed to just AC)? Also, can it handle Power Points? Or armor DR?

Sounds like a job for PCGen. It's free and you can add any new material you want to it.

http://pcgen.sourceforge.net

I know that Code Monkeys sells licensed datasets for PC gen (all the WOTC stuff that is not OGL). So if licensing is an issue you could go that route, otherwise has anybody tried creeting the data sets????? If anyone is interested in doing so I would like to help. I have limited PCGen experience so I don't know if everything will be supported (I was wondering about the sorcery system in Conan). Anyway a tool to help generte characters and NCP would very useful.

I'm pretty adept at creating datasets for PCGen, but I think there would be some real issues considering the depth of the Conan rules changes from standard d20. Hit points stopping at 10th level and things like that are kind of a pain to change... at leas they were when I was making datasets. I might be worth a shot to try though..

I would probably wait until Code Monkey's RPG Toolkit comes out this year, it is supposed to be able to handle pretty much any game..

I hate to revive such an old thread, but I'm very interested in starting a Conan Campaign. I've been using DM Genie for the last 4 years with a 3.5 FR campaign. I'm wondering if anyone who has converted Conan to work with DM Genie is willing to help point me in the right direction.

Our group is VERY thrilled about giving Conan a run, but I've grown very used to DM Genie and can't imagine GM'ing without it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

The folks at Lone Wolf Development who do the Army Builder program have also created Hero Lab, which currently supports D20 and has a WoD trial component, are also slated to support MGP's RuneQuest.

I'm sure that if enough support can be raised, that MGP and the maker's of Hero Lab can fix us up with Conan and perhaps some of MGP's other D20/OGL properties.

Regards,
Larry

Thanks for the quick response Larry! :) That is encouraging, and I'm going to check them out. The more I read about Conan D20, the more I love it! It's got such great flavor! It's really what we've been doing in our D&D game in many ways, but there are a lot of great differences too. I know that I can create the setting no problem, as well as the races and classes. I think it might even be possible to emulate the Conan magic system if I use the Psionics system in DM Genie. There are a few things that I don't know how to implement, but even getting the setting and races and monstes in will be a great step in the right direction.

I can't wait to get a campaign together!

Back