Conan: Reavers of Vilayet & Conan: Hyborian Age Empires

Strom

Mongoose
New releases for fall '06.

Conan: Reavers of Vilayet
The pirates and raiders of the kozaks are locked in a bitter war with the mighty empire of Turan, and between these warring factions is the wide sea of Vilayet, whose waters run red with blood! When you are caught up in the struggle of empires across the sea, for which side will you raise your sword? An adventure scenario for the Conan RPG.
To Retail for: $9.95

Conan: Hyborian Age Empires HardCover
It is good to be King! Hyborian Age Empires is a high-level supplement for the Conan RPG that allows players to overthrow an existing government, take rulership, and then run the kingdom, ultimately thrusting them into national crises, diplomatic debacles, and, of course, wars!
To Retail for: $29.95

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=21531&mode=thread&order=0

8)

Nice to see a writeup. By the way, just in the spirit of completeness I've got url links for Mongoose's lists of products and forthcoming releases on the thread Conan.com

Bregales said:
  • Mongoose Publishing's Conan products page - listing all the current products, some of their announced forthcoming releases, and free downloads at the bottom of the page
  • Mongoose Publishing's product list page - All current & forthcoming products by Mongoose Publishing. To get to the Conan line, scroll down until you see it (about 1/2 way down) and list of all current & expected Conan products are hyperlinked
While, as of this writing, neither Reavers of Vilayet nor Hyborian Empiresare listed on the Conan products page, they are under the product list page (second url in quote above). Also, I hyperlinked each product's name in this followup to the product description on Mongoose's site.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up Strom. 8) Lastly, in the interests of self-promotion, I'm including my Listmania Lists on Amazon here (where I had already linked Amazon's products in separate lists already; note that once I get myself motivated I'll create a purely linked but complete page for all these products (as Listmania limits 25 products per list):
  • Conan roleplaying-sourcebooks (Mongoose) - All current & forthcoming rulebooks and splatbooks by Mongoose Publishing.
  • Conan-adventures - Lists those adventures available on Amazon's site from Mongoose (which, since it's so small, I've also added TSR's adventures and the GURPS adventures for those who want them. If/when Mongoose releases enough adventures and Amazon sells enough of them, I'll discontinue the other lines. Lastly, Amazon does not sell the pdf adventures, look for those on Mongoose's site or from other vendors like RPGnow.com. Lastly, I have a third Listmania list for TSR and GURPS products only, but don't feel the need to add it here (have already done so on other threads).
Hope this helps too. 8)

Reavers of Vilayet's cover is up:

conanreavers.jpg

8)

Now that's a Texas-sized belt-buckle he's wearing! :lol:
I'm more interested in Empires than Vilayet.
I'm very much awaiting Argos/Zingara and Shem. 8)

The Suburbian said:
That Conan Compedium looks great. I never had access to the early issues of S&G. :D

If it is only reprint of older S&P articles, it's not so wonderful:
- several issues ago the new S&P's are made downloadable for free
- the first CONAN articles in (printed) S&P were merely previews
- a lot of S&P material is included in later products (Iranistani race, Khemi, Chariots, Red Nails etc.)

So the 25 bucks are a not a nice price - not at all.

Well, the reason I put the link to that thread in this thread was the following:

msprange said:
MGBM said:
However, I noticed that Hyboria's Empires is not on schedhule anymore, not even in the product search page. What happened to it? I was looking forward to it.

One day, we might tell you the three year struggle we have had with this book :)
VincentDarlage said:
msprange said:
One day, we might tell you the three year struggle we have had with this book :)

:?:

René said:
The Suburbian said:
That Conan Compedium looks great. I never had access to the early issues of S&G. :D

If it is only reprint of older S&P articles, it's not so wonderful:
- several issues ago the new S&P's are made downloadable for free
- the first CONAN articles in (printed) S&P were merely previews
- a lot of S&P material is included in later products (Iranistani race, Khemi, Chariots, Red Nails etc.)

So the 25 bucks are a not a nice price - not at all.

Many good points. I would hope it would not just be a collection of S&P articles for that price. Just the other night actually I looked through some early print S&P articles to see whether I wanted to copy the Conan materials for handy reference, but I didn't see anything I needed (think I looked at #1-3, & 7) because they were mostly discussions of the upcoming game and a few pages on things like sorcery and the barbarian class. I have pulled the ones online, and even those have materials incorporated into other materials where appropriate. So what does that leave? An adventure and a couple of articles?

Strom said:
Trodax said:
Who is the author of Vilayet?

Buy.com has the author listed as August Hanrahan. 8)

Hmmph. I can only assume they mean 'August' as an honorific (the honorable and most august Gareth Hanrahan, emperor of the East') as opposed to some hideous genetic hybrid between me and August Hahn.

As for Reavers of the Vilayet - you've got three brothers, one family curse, and an island full of doubledealing pirates. Hilarity ensues.

Mongoose Gar said:
As for Reavers of the Vilayet - you've got three brothers, one family curse, and an island full of doubledealing pirates. Hilarity ensues.
Looking forward to it, Gar! :D

I've got both of these books on preorder. Looking forward to both of them. I love a good pirate scenario!

DaveNC said:
I've got both of these books on preorder. Looking forward to both of them. I love a good pirate scenario!

Well, you do know Mongoose just pulled Hyborian Empires from their schedule? It may still happen - but not for the foreseeable future.

I'm definitely picking up Reavers as well.

Hmmph. I can only assume they mean 'August' as an honorific (the honorable and most august Gareth Hanrahan, emperor of the East') as opposed to some hideous genetic hybrid between me and August Hahn.

That must be it!
:lol:

Mongoose Gar said:

Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind seeing the rules for that hybrid...

Back