Conan Live!

A

Anonymous

I've just stumbled across a website that any Live Action Roleplayers in the UK may be intersted - looks like some people are having a stab at a live action Conan game. Looks fun, especailly since the guy who wrote the RPG is involved!

The site was at www.hyboriantales.com. Now I just need to convince a freind of mine who drives that he wants to go...

Edit your url so that the "." at the end of the sentence isn't included in the address, otherwise it's a dead link.

As to the premise of a Conan LARP, it sounds like it would be mucho fun.

Mayhem said:
Though its pretty easy to follow the link by deleting the "." from the address bar...
Sure, but if posting a link so that people can click on it and follow to the topic of one's post, why not make it so that, you know, it actually does that rather than leave an error?

Yeah, sorta works best if he fixes it so that it works

I'm not the most technically adept person around, as is probably quite obvious...

www.hyboriantales.com

Should be a bit better.

Thanks for the link! Living only an hours drive from Shrewsbury, this may be very interesting! Thanks again!

Lucius, and anyone else interested in this,

Please do get in touch and book if you do want to attend, as I'm a bit worried we may have to cancel the event if we don't get a few more bookings in the next few weeks.

We're especially keen to help anyone who might be a fan of the setting but new to live roleplay, and so we should be able to loan people weapons, basic costume etc. if need be and give them a warm welcome.

Ian Sturrock

Ian,

As I have often in the past, I wished in lived in England, particularly, it seems, around Shrewsbury. This is due mainly for my love for live-action roleplaying (especially grittier systems) and all things Tolkien.

However, my love for Howard's work runs almost as deep as my fascination with the Professor, and as such, have found myself embroiled in Mongoose's new Conan RPG (nice system -- at least ten times better than the oft-time geekily whimsical D&D). More specifically, and as an avid LARPer and LARP designer (I currently run a Middle-earth live-action group in Atlanta, Georgia, USA), I long to cleave through a host of Picts or Serpent-men with bloody sword or axe in hand, the din of battle and glory ripe in ears. ;)

However, the Great Pond places too much distance between us, and so, I doubt I'll ever be able to make it out to a Hyborian Tales event. Having said that, though, any plans for a "chapter" here in the States? Texas would seem an obvious choice, being the stomping grounds of Howard, but I'd love to see an extension here in Georgia. As busy as I am with my Tolkienian LARP (called Elfstone), I'd almost take on the responsibilities of establishing a Hyborian Tales group here in Metro Atlanta. Or better yet, con/beg/intimidate someone else in the local area to do it (with your permission, of course). ;)

Anyway, best of luck and hope it works out for you guys. I downloaded the basic rules and character creation guide and, I must say, there seems a great deal of promise there. Here's to your success and the hopes that someday a bit of your group's Hyborian goodness might spread across the Pond!

Namarië an si,

-MikeY
Elfstone Creator/Director Guy

I've been trying to get people interested in this for years. To be true to the REH tales, the adventures probably would be run a little differently from the LOTR-oriented groups.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/freecomp/

Elessarion,

As you've probably seen from the rules, people are welcome to make use of them to run non-commercial games, so "chapters" in the US are fine.

I've mentioned on other fora that anyone who does come to an HT event from outside the UK would be welcome to crash space at my home before or after it, so long as they didn't mind helping make Pictish arrows if it was before. :)

Ian Sturrock

Elessarion said:
avid LARPer and LARP designer (I currently run a Middle-earth live-action group in Atlanta, Georgia, USA), I long to cleave through a host of Picts or Serpent-men with bloody sword or axe in hand, the din of battle and glory ripe in ears. ;) Elfstone Creator/Director Guy

Crom!

I live/work in Metro Atlanta. Am a RPG tournament judge for Dragon*Con.

Have had poor luck with LARPing, but would be open to a Conan style game, drop me a line.

Lando The Archmagi

Back