Conan in German, Polish, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Marsian.

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
In the name of all my friends of the Hyborian World, of the World and of the Universe, will there be any other translation of Conan?
It could also be profitable if we could have Conan in Hindouish langage as well as Arabic.
I forgot the Sanskrit, the Hebrew, Aramaic and Dutch.
I also received a message from the Orion Constellation that they also want to see Conan the RPG printed in their own language.

The King said:
In the name of all my friends of the Hyborian World, of the World and of the Universe, will there be any other translation of Conan?
It could also be profitable if we could have Conan in Hindouish langage as well as Arabic.
I forgot the Sanskrit, the Hebrew, Aramaic and Dutch.
I also received a message from the Orion Constellation that they also want to see Conan the RPG printed in their own language.

Very funny, "King"!

Why should it be funny?
It would be appreciable if other people of the earth who don't read English as well as you do could have this pleasure to see Conan in their own language.
Chinese, Arabic and Hindu make up for more than half of the wolrd's population. Why wouldn't they be sensitive as you to RPG in general and Conan the RPG in particular?

I also forgot: Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Nigerian, Brazialian, Corsican. Did I mention Italian?

How educated.
I forgot I was such an ignorant king. :lol:

But it took you a very long time to answer. Did you check and double-check before?

But there are many differences between Brazilian and Portuguese, and probably more sales to be expected there provided the former slavers installed a good and sound education system before they left. It is not always enough to pray Virgin Mary and kill those who don't want to convert.

And even if people of the latter country would gladly identify themselves with people of the former, Lisbon isn't Maracana.

Portuguese is the same for all countries that speak portuguese, Brazil, Portugal, Angola, etc., except for minor changes on spelling and pronunciation.

I believe the book translated to brazilian portuguese will sell more, since there are many more brazilian players than portuguese players, although im not that sure, since the press that usually translates books in Brazil is originally from Portugal

The King said:
But it took you a very long time to answer. Did you check and double-check before?

There is more than one "Guest".

Guest said:
The King said:

There is more than one "Guest".
Number isn't important because IQs don't stack.
There are also some guests who make the effort to identify themselves with IDs.

I did not take a long time to answer... because I don't frequent the forum, just passed by for curiosity, and saw that ignorant mistake.

Non-european "nobility" usually do not care for education, only for the title itself.

Anonymous said:
I did not take a long time to answer... because I don't frequent the forum, just passed by for curiosity, and saw that ignorant mistake.

Non-european "nobility" usually do not care for education, only for the title itself.
You can tell that to the Japanese Emperor or to all other foreign nobles who study in the best European and U.S. universities.

BTW who gave the title of nobility to Napoleon?

The King said:
Number isn't important because IQs don't stack.
There are also some guests who make the effort to identify themselves with IDs.

Since you mention IQ, "King", why have you given yourself this stylish name?

The King said:
It could be a good question indeed; give me just a good reason to tell you.

Because when I told my girlfriend about your argument with the French guy a few weeks ago, she felt reminded of a guy who played a D&D-wizard named Gandalf.

Anonymous said:
The King said:
It could be a good question indeed; give me just a good reason to tell you.

Because when I told my girlfriend about your argument with the French guy a few weeks ago, she felt reminded of a guy who played a D&D-wizard named Gandalf.
I am so much honored that you could talk about this subject of weeks ago with you girlfriend and even more honored that, as a kind of Delphi oracle, she had some experience directly tied to it.

and did she play someone called Eowyn or Galadriel? And were you the wizard called Gandalf?
But I still don't see the point of your comment.

Or your girlfriend instinctly sided with the french because she wanna learn the language and play Conan RPG in that tongue or perhaps it is a sign you should offer her some french perfume or wine?

Zeus said:
English is fine with me, but I wouln't mind polish prices :D (usually half the UK prices )
When does Poland introduce the Euro currency? Isn't it in 2007, is it? Anyway you have to expect some "veiled" inflation. Surprisingly all items listed in the price benchmark are available at the same price and even tend to be less expensive. The prices that aren't listed there, though, tend to augment.
UK had the good idea to stay out of the Euro zone. :D

The King said:
I also forgot: Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Nigerian, Brazialian, Corsican. Did I mention Italian?

I will be happy to see Conan RPG in my language (I'm Italian), but Italy is a bad market for RPG so I will not my breath and I will buy the english (or I must say american?) editions.

and what about Swahili and Wolof (for the Eastern and Western part of Africa)?

I also wonder whether the Cajuns of the New Orleans would appreciate Conan in their dialect. Remember the poor people were abandoned by their fellow nation because they were too insignificant in their eyes.

Back