Conan Errata

I do believe it has been posted.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/conanfaq.pdf

But, then again, even with this small .pdf there seemed to be more questions. OH well. If this doesn't help, then perhaps a search in the forums could help.

I asked this a about 2 months ago. It seems to me that they are only going to be releasing the FAQ, which has at least one wrong answer in it as it is.

YEah There is also the missing Stygian sub race, which is not mentioned in the FAQ.

WHich answer was wrong?

The question about calculating imitative. In the book it says to add your Dex mod and your base save. Someone asked if this was meant to add Dex twice. The answer in the FAQ is "Yes."

But if indeed the answer is yes, then every Creature/NPC they have ever made is wrong.

Of course some of the other answers raised more questions then they took care of. I feel the need for clearly stated errata myself, but it doesn't look like it will happen.

The FAQ needed a FAQ of its own. Some say at least.

Ok, okay. It is Dex + Ref Save bonus + any other bonuses such as feats (Lightnight Reflexes or whatnot).

OR

REF save + Any other bonuses such as feats.

Since REF save = REF save bonus + Dex

It makes more rules-sense for iniatitive to be:Dex + total reflex +misc.
Otherwise, why would Lightning Reflexes modify it?

On the other hand, I do agree that better errata should be provided for those that aren't buying the A.E. soon.

If it makes sense to do it YOUR way. Then do it. The book is only a guide book anyway.

Why do I even bother posting helpful things. When people still think their way is better. If their way was so much better, why ask the stupid question in the first place?

Ugh, to early in the morning. I haven't had my first cup of blood.

Too true, Odo...

I'd venture to guess that DEX is still to be considered in the equation because some Classes are more apt to be putting points there through XP that still have low REF mods and vice versa. In other words, it alolows hig REF progression Classes to need to rely less on pumping points into DEX ever 4 levels just to be quick, but those that do so, even without high REF progression, will still have good INIT.

Those that both pump DEX and have high REF progression tracks will be the quickest though...makes sense.

Cranus said:
It makes more rules-sense for iniatitive to be:Dex + total reflex +misc.
Otherwise, why would Lightning Reflexes modify it?

I think you'll find that's why Odo shortened it as "REF save + Any other bonuses such as feats."

Lightning Reflexes is already catered for in "REF save". "Any other bonuses such as feats" includes other, non-REF save-based feats, such as Improved Initiative...

If you take Dex + total reflex, as you are suggesting, Dex gets added twice, as total reflex already has your Dex bonus in it...

Odovacar's Ghost wrote:
If it makes sense to do it YOUR way. Then do it. The book is only a guide book anyway.

Why do I even bother posting helpful things. When people still think their way is better. If their way was so much better, why ask the stupid question in the first place?

I merely stated my interpretation of how initiative works. If your comment was addressed to me, I don't see why you reacted this way.

spydacarnage wrote:
If you take Dex + total reflex, as you are suggesting, Dex gets added twice, as total reflex already has your Dex bonus in it...

Yep, I realize that. One reason this particular discussion is occuring is because the Conan initiative rules were phrased in such a manner that most d20 players would have the above interpretation. Sure it allows dexterous characters to be faster but that fits the source material.

This [urlhttp://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3535]thread[/url] is also discussing Conan initiative, and it contains an official word from Mongoose Bob on th subject...

Back