Conan d20 & Star Wars Saga Edition

Hi, recently I've been trying to create a hybrid system by converting parts of Conan d20 to Star Wars Saga Edition. (The point being to make a "generic" Sword and Sorcery RPG, not a science fiction RPG). Although I love the world of Conan, I really enjoy creating a world of my own along with my players. I also think (IMHO) that Conan D20 could benefit from some of the recent "innovations" in the d20 system (i.e. Star Wars Saga Edition). Has anyone already done some tinkering with this? Thanks.

It certainly has merit, whether you are trying to handle skills in a broader fashion or alternate mechanics for handling damage. Note there was a recent thread about using broad skills from other games, whether Iron Heroes, Mutants and Masterminds (list from the Masterminds Manual), SW Saga, or otherwise, with Conan, that you should check out.

Hi Vicar, and welcome to the forums!

You should definitely check out this link: Sword & Sorcery Saga.
It's basically the Star Wars Saga rules adapted to a Sword & Sorcery setting. While it's not specifically made for an Hyborian Age game, it is very much in the Conan style. It looks very well made, although I haven't really had time to look at it that closely.

Cross-genre mingling gives me headaches! :?

It's likely Conan would have regarded the Force as yet another vile form of sorcery, and he surely would have despised those sinister Jedi-warlocks! :lol:

Oh...and Conan would definitely kill Jar-Jar! :lol:

my personally experience with saga edition gives me great concern for d&d 4th ed. saga is just too much of a 'my first rpg' to play if you have any other rpg experience.

Krushnak wrote:
my personally experience with saga edition gives me great concern for d&d 4th ed. saga is just too much of a 'my first rpg' to play if you have any other rpg experience.
Personally, I think that Saga is not so bad, especially when you compare it to 3.5 Ed. I've been gaming for more than 25 years and been trying hundred of systems. D&D3/3.5 is one of the worst...
So the 4th Ed is gonna be lighter? So maybe we can get back to roleplaying instead of crunching numbers...

Hervé said:
Krushnak wrote:
Personally, I think that Saga is not so bad, especially when you compare it to 3.5 Ed. I've been gaming for more than 25 years and been trying hundred of systems. D&D3/3.5 is one of the worst...
So the 4th Ed is gonna be lighter? So maybe we can get back to roleplaying instead of crunching numbers...

I dunno... It's only getting really OBSESSED with the numbers that the game really falls to hell. I mean -it's not FATAL after all...or even Palladium for that matter. :)

Back