Conan 1E supplements in 2E

InsomNY

Mongoose
Yeah, I know this has probably been discussed, but I think it could stand being brought up to the top of the forums now that more 2E books are shipping:

Outside of the core rules, have any of the books and supplements released under 1E and AE been invalidated or superseded by 2E? I want to update my wish lists (though the first thing on said list is a group to play with) and would hate to buy useless books, even if the money goes to a great company.

Good news!

All books from the 1st edition of Conan are 100% compatible, usable, validated, cohesive, etc. with the rules for Conan 2e. Buy 'em all!

Strom said:
Good news!

All books from the 1st edition of Conan are 100% compatible, usable, validated, cohesive, etc. with the rules for Conan 2e. Buy 'em all!

Well, _some_ of the material/rules are superceded by the version in the 2Ed rulebook, but otherwise, yes, they are all quite usable with little or no modification.

Strom said:
Is this going to be true the other way around? I recently picked up the pocket edition of the Conan game and was wondering if the upcoming Bestiary will be compatible?

Valarian said:
Is this going to be true the other way around? I recently picked up the pocket edition of the Conan game and was wondering if the upcoming Bestiary will be compatible?

It should be, but it hasn't been released yet, so unless Bryan comes on and says one way or the other, none of us really know.

However, the monsters in the Return to the Road of Kings are in the new format, and they work with 1E rules, so I am presuming that, other than a format difference, the Bestiary will be similarly compatible.

I believe Bryan posted as much on these boards. Plus, there are two adventures for 2e already published in S&P and they are compatible with 1e.

Back