Collector's Checklist

Kurgan

Mongoose
Any help is appreciated to make this a more accurate or complete list. :) This list covers only the Mongoose-published RPG material for RQ & RQII.

RuneQuest (aka RQI aka Mongoose RuneQuest) [2006-2009]

RuneQuest (core):

8100 - RuneQuest RPG
8102 - Game Master's Screen
8103 - Monsters
8104 - RuneQuest Companion
8106 - Legendary Heroes
8108 - Arms & Equipment
8111 - Rune of Chaos
8134 - Games Master's Handbook
8135 - Monsters II
8137 - Land of the Samurai
8138 - Spellbook
8141 - Pirates
8142 - Slaine
8142 - Slaine Limited Edition (Full-color edition, alternate cover. Only 20 copies made for giveaway contest in Signs & Portants)
8143 - RuneQuest RPG (Deluxe Edition. Combines 8100, 8103, and 8104 in one volume, with updates)
8157 - Empires
8158 - RuneQuest RPG (Deluxe Pocket Edition. Digest-sized version of 8143)
8160 - Guilds, Factions and Cults
8161 - Land of the Samurai: Price of Honour
XXXX - Fisticuffs at O'Leary's Place (3-page adventure given away for Free RPG Day 2007)

Glorantha:

8101 - Glorantha: The Second Age
8105 - Cults of Glorantha Volume 1
8107 - Magic of Glorantha
8109 - Player's Guide to Glorantha
8112 - Trolls: A Guide to the Uz
8115 - The Clanking City
8120 - Cults of Glorantha Volume 2
8123 - Jrustela
8124 - Dragonewts: Guide to the Eravsshar
8128 - Blood of Orlanth
8129 - Dara Happa Stirs
8130 - Elfs: Guide to the Aldryami
8148 - Dwarfs: Guide to the Mostali
8149 - Ruins of Glorantha
8155 - Fronela
8156 - Ducks: Guide to the Durulz
8159 - Ralios

Lankhmar:

8110 - Lankhmar
8113 - Nehwon
8114 - Swords Against Sorcery

Eternal Champion (Elric):

8116 - Elric of Melnibone RPG
8140 - Bright Shadows of Melnibone
8146 - Magic of the Young Kingdoms
8150 - The Elric of Melnibone Companion
8151 - Cults of the Young Kingdoms
8154 - Dream Realms

Eternal Champion (Hawkmoon):

8119 - Hawkmoon RPG
8121 - Granbretan
8131 - Hunters of Granbretan
8144 - Secrets of Tragic Europe
8145 - Castle Brass

Standalone (Unique) PDF Releases:

XXXX - [RQ] Runic Powers
XXXX - RuneQuest Player's Update (Important update to 8100)
8139 - [RQ] Character Pack (Originally intended for print release)
XXXX - [Glorantha] Ralios (Material cut from final publication of 8101, later incorporated into 8159)

RuneQuest II [2010-Present]

RuneQuest:

8170 - RuneQuest II
8173 - RuneQuest II Games Master's Screen
8177 - Arms & Equipment
8178 - Monster Coliseum (forthcoming)
8182 - Necromantic Arts (forthcoming)
8184 - Empires (forthcoming)

Deus Vult (Campaign Setting):

8185 - Deus Vult (forthcoming)
8188 - Ex Cathedra (forthcoming) (softcover)

Glorantha:

8172 - Pavis Rises (forthcoming)
8180 - Glorantha: The Second Age (forthcoming)
8176 - Races of Glorantha (Together in 1 volume: Trolls, Elfs, Dragonewts, Dwarfs, and Ducks)

Lankhmar:

8165 - Lankhmar Unleashed (Compatible w/ RQ & RQII*)

RQII books for Hawkmoon & Elric are promised as forthcoming, but no specifics have been given yet. I'm assuming they'll initially be updated RQII versions of the same books previously released.

*Lankhmar Unleashed was published while RQII was still in the development stage. As a result, some rules as printed don't match-up with the finalized rules in the RQII book. A free PDF errata document to correct this issue has been promised.

There was also mooted to be a Vikings book in the works. I'd imagine we will probably get round to a Samurai book again, too. Along with Pirates, and I dunno maybe Western (Gunslingers) and Ancients (Greece) titles, this would complete the usual 'alternative genres' for historical fantasy, I guess. But it's early days yet, and these titles will probably never be the major sellers for MRQ2, in the same way the major licenses are - so I wouldn't hold out for these to be released at a particularly fast rate. We definitely will get the Deus Vult setting though - allowing for a gothic medieval setting.

It really is a pity that the didn't get Conan (maybe they should keep working on that one, or maybe reapply for the license when the old one expires, but this time for MRQ2?). Anyway, we do get the ones you've pointed out including Lankhmar Unleashed, which is the closest we'll get to Conan currently.

Glorantha will undoubtedly get loads of support. I'm still not sure about whether the setting fits my style. I like the Ducks and the Broo, but...

I'm curious as to what will happen with The Eternal Champion stuff though. There was a hint that we might see a little bit more of the Multiverse than we have seen in previous attempts. If they can do that (including links to the modern world), and adjust the interior layout so that it creates the appropriate tone (Morecock wrote dark psychedelic fantasy/sci-fi, not gothic), then that might be something that appeals to me. I am listening to my old Hawkwind albums in anticipation...

Mongoose mentioned adventures for each of the eternal champion books so one for elric, hawkmoon and corum(another mentioned book). They also mentioned a multiverse book for the new eternal champion line.

There was "Fisticffs at O'learys". It was a short aventure that was part of Free RPG Day a couple years back. I think it was only given away free but I have seen copies for sale on the secondary market.

It was an official Runequest supplement put out by Mongoose (I think Bryan Steele is the author but that could be wrong) so it probably should be on the collectors list. I have no idea if it had a prober product number.

Tal said:
Mongoose mentioned adventures for each of the eternal champion books so one for elric, hawkmoon and corum(another mentioned book). They also mentioned a multiverse book for the new eternal champion line.

Well, that gives a lot of hope for me. The Eternal Champion stuff should really be a personal favourite (because I like all things psychedelic), but the previous editions of Elric (not just with Mongoose) always seemed insipid to me. The basic reason is because too much effort was made on fleshing out a fixed gameworld to play in (which bluntly is no different to any other gameworld to play in), and not enough on the whole liberating concept of the Multiverse.

If they can get that element right, along with good quality attractive layout and design, then it'll be something to inspire me. Heck, if it reaches it's potential it should appeal to people who like Amber and Nobilis, but with a much more accessible dice-based system.

Thanks for the replies and help. :)

On an interesting side-note, Mongoose has just released a new RQ1 compatible book for Elric. Well, I say new, but it's actually a French version of Magic of the Young Kingdoms. That got me to go look at the catalogue, and I see that all of the Eternal Champion supplements are still available. Only the two core books (Elric & Hawkmoon) have been removed.

TrippyHippy said:
There was also mooted to be a Vikings book in the works. I'd imagine we will probably get round to a Samurai book again, too. Along with Pirates, and I dunno maybe Western (Gunslingers) and Ancients (Greece) titles, this would complete the usual 'alternative genres' for historical fantasy, I guess. But it's early days yet, and these titles will probably never be the major sellers for MRQ2, in the same way the major licenses are - so I wouldn't hold out for these to be released at a particularly fast rate. We definitely will get the Deus Vult setting though - allowing for a gothic medieval setting.

It really is a pity that the didn't get Conan (maybe they should keep working on that one, or maybe reapply for the license when the old one expires, but this time for MRQ2?). Anyway, we do get the ones you've pointed out including Lankhmar Unleashed, which is the closest we'll get to Conan currently.

Glorantha will undoubtedly get loads of support. I'm still not sure about whether the setting fits my style. I like the Ducks and the Broo, but...

I'm curious as to what will happen with The Eternal Champion stuff though. There was a hint that we might see a little bit more of the Multiverse than we have seen in previous attempts. If they can do that (including links to the modern world), and adjust the interior layout so that it creates the appropriate tone (Morecock wrote dark psychedelic fantasy/sci-fi, not gothic), then that might be something that appeals to me. I am listening to my old Hawkwind albums in anticipation...

I am in complete and total agreement with ALL of this. If not Conan, then Lankhmar. Elric, most certainly. Vikings, Samurai, and oh my Ancient Greece!

The jury is still out on Deus Vult, for me; I hope it is not all about being a dark gritty Warhammerish Sigmarite Inquisitor. :roll:

I was at my FLGS just today and they had little to no RQ stuff. Even half the list you advance here would go a long, long way toward getting MRQ2 the shelf space, and marketplace space, it so truly deserves. Tho' the game shop owner told me he was feeling a little burned by El Mongoose's past marketing strategy... subject for a separate post.

Back