CmdrKiley's B5 Fleets

CmdrKiley

Mongoose
Started working on my B5 Fleets again. After playing quite a few games of ACTA this month I figured I'd better off get some more of these ships done.

gallery_2_21_373060.jpg

Centauri Republic Fleet
med_gallery_2_17_37617.jpg

Narn Regime Fleet
med_gallery_2_17_372937.jpg

Earth Alliance Fleet
med_gallery_2_17_130513.jpg

Minbari Federation Fleet
med_gallery_2_17_193522.jpg

Drazi Freehold Fleet
med_gallery_2_17_223423.jpg

Brakiri Syndricacy Fleet
med_gallery_2_17_95664.jpg

Raiders Fleet
med_gallery_2_17_334526.jpg

Vorlon Empire, Vree Conglomerate, Abbai Matriarchy and Pak'Ma Ra Fleets
med_gallery_2_17_252383.jpg

Shadow Fleet
med_gallery_2_17_178779.jpg

ffffewwww!

You have a lot of stuff.

What is the semicircle template you are showing on the second pic and where can I get one. "moe toys for the boys"

Thanks everyone.

Well I sort of had a head start as alot of this was bought during the old B5 Wars days, and about 80% of this is AoG stuff. However most of my painting has been done recently. I think I had my Narn and EA painted the most prior to ACTA coming out.

My Centauri are the most recently to get a coat of paint. Prior to this week, I had only 1 Primus and a handful of the large scale Sentris painted.

I just broke open the mass of Porfatis fighters I had in my collection now that I know what to base them as Patrol Boats. I did notice that the Pak'ma'ra carrier did not get carried through to the new ACTA fleet however.

My Drazi, Brakiri and Vree fleets were completed just before Gen Con Indy this past summer. I was hoping to get in a game there to show them off, but there wasn't enough people to show up to run a game.

I started rebasing everything after ACTA came out to the large round circular bases. I then made up a template to glue to the bottom of the base to show fire arcs (90 degree for ACTA and Full Thrust, and 60 degree for Starmada). The old AoG bases were just too small and unstable. I had to drill out everything for the new base stems. So far the Poseidon and Warlock are the only ones that are unstable, but it's the Warlock due to the hole getting drilled on an angle and the ship tends to pitch up.

The fighters I rebased using clix bases from HeroClix stuff I picked up dirt cheap ($0.15 -$0.75 each). I then made a template to print off and glue to each inner disk with numbers running from 1-12. Mounted a flight stand on each of them and then the large scale B5W fighters. This way I can use the number indicated on the dial for the Crew Quality of each Fighter Flight for ACTA, number of fighters in a flight for Starmada, or I could use it to identify a single fighter for a game like Aerotech or Silent Death.

Good lord, do you think you have enough yet? (who am I kidding, it's never enough is it).

Where did you get the marked bases? (like the one you show the shadow ship on)?

All in all, nice collection.

If you were to combine every ship you own into a single, unholy alliance of a fleet, how many points would that be? I got 10USD on it being 20Armageddon.

@ Lord Clinto

I made the base labels up. I made a template using Corel Draw. Then printed off a set of them on cardstock.

Next I placed the base on the label and cut them out using the plastic base as a pattern.

I then used a 3M glue stick and applied the glue to the printed side of the label and adhered it to the bottom of the base.

@ Lorcan Nagel

Yeah there's about 2 decades of Battletech books on that shelf.

@ Voodoo Machine

Not sure, seems like anything more than 1 Armageddon level ship is too much. If anything I need to get more Raid level ships for them.

Thanks GoT.

I mostly use Vallejo or Reaper paints now a days.

I start off almost all my ships with a black undercoat (white for the Minbari).

For the Centauri I started with Vallejo Brass applying it in broad cross-hatching strokes (to help build a 'paneled' surface look). Next I applied Vallejo Gold in smaller cross-hatching strokes along the higher surfaces. Then for a highlight I mix some Vallejo Silver into the gold and thin it down with some Future Acryllic Floor Wax. I apply that over the edges and raised surfaces. Then even add some faint variations to add to the paneled effect.

Then I detail with Reaper Scorched Metal, and Natural Steel for some of the details like engines, weapons and antenna. Then I use purple over other panels with an applicatoin of Windsor & Newton Violet ink over the purple.

Anyways, just finished up the Centauri last night. All I need to do is make labels for the bases.

Now my Drazi were painted using Vallejo Neutral Gray drybrushed over a black basecoat, using the same cross-hatch pattern. I'd then go over it with several lighter applications of a lighter shade of gray. Followed by a very light drybrush of Vallejo Gunmetal.

When I did the bulbs, I painted the first ones like lava lamps because I didn't have any reference on me at hand. Later when I noticed that the bulbs were more speckled, I prefreed the lava lamp look and continued that when I bought the Drazi Fleet Box. The Lava Lamp was simply Reaper Marigold Yellow with Vallejo Florescent Orange and Red. I'd then touch up areas with black and gray where metal plates overlapped the bulb, like on the Warhawks. Then I'd detail with purple and green and some more gunmetal and finish off with a black wash.

Been updating my fleets with some recent additions as well as getting some other fleets beyond base-coat.

The Centauri Republic Fleet has expanded with the addition of another Octurian, some Vorchans, another Dargan and a Liati.

gallery_2_17_80637.jpg

My Brakiri Syndricacy Fleet has added another Brokados and Ikorta, as well as some more Falkosi Fighter Flights. Now I can use my Pikotos fighters!
gallery_2_17_126188.jpg

My Abbai Matriarchy Fleet finially gets moving. I was able to get enough of the large scale fighters to support the carriers. Although the fighter sucks, I really like the looks of the model. As they are the pacifistic space guppies of the B5 Universe I decided to go with a tropical fish theme. I used Reaper metallic aqua blue and sparkling amethyst with a silver underside for these ships.

gallery_2_17_126847.jpg

I hope to one day have more than that.
But it's a LOT of money tied up in that. And I don't make that much. Yet...

My fleet is about as big, but most are still waiting to be painted. Seeing your fleets makes me want to dig them out and start painting again.

Back