Clement Sector Player's Guide Query

Hopeless said:
Some questions:
Been reading the information on Viteges and realised there's a lot more going on than its mentioned.

Do you have a problem if I turn the Caxtonites into a sort of very evil Assassin Creed mercenaries or is that going beyond their depicted nature?

Our intent is to always leave enough open so that people can make such realizations and run with it as they like.

As for Assassin's Creed, I honestly don't know enough about it to be able to speak intelligently about them and any possible way to line them up with the Caxtonists. Of course, it's your game. If you like it, go for it!

Hopeless said:
The important detail is that barring one detail this could pass for the pilot episode of Dark Matter where they eventually come to the aid of a mining colony bring threatened by a corporation that wants their world to house their workers whilst mining the asteroid belt.
Here its three asteroid belts and they have a base on a moon orbiting the single gas giant in the system.
Made me think that the System ships that joined the Hub Navy did so to help protect their home world from Paulsen Metals and in return Paulsen Metals was going to call in the Hub Navy anyway to seal their control of the system.
Makes an interesting dynamic if they were beaten to the punch doesn't it?

That's not really what we had in mind necessarily but there's nothing that says you can't take that and run with it. It would make a fantastic scenario and would be a game in which I'd love to play.

I had not considered the Dark Matter angle but I think that would work beautifully.

Hopeless said:
I'm also thinking those abandoned mining camps aren't so much abandoned but kept under wraps as Viteges needs some kind of revenue to keep them from simply being starved if Paulsen has that many ships to protect their interests wouldn't they?

I'm thinking some smuggling and other trading is also going on, but I really need to finish reading those sourcebooks first!

Well, that's just it. With the way we have it written, The Hub Federation Navy is not going to be at the beck and call of Paulsen Metals. However, Paulsen Metals is certainly going to have more armed ships in their fleet than the Viteges government will have in theirs. I think it would still accomplish your goals for a scenario.

And, of course, there's nothing that says you can't toss out our idea of what the Hub Fed would do and roll on with your idea! It sounds like brilliant fun.

Reread the character and realised I got the mustering out benefits wrong!

Had to drop 1,000 from the money and +1 to Intelligence from what was listed on the page before this one so her characteristics should read : 9 A 8 A D 6

Still haven't picked the pistol yet but retains the contact, 15,000 savings, +1 Intelligence and 2 Ship Shares in an Atlas class freighter renamed the Nimitz with a silhouette of a cat alongside the name of the ship in black and yellow.

Black and yellow gloves with the same silhouette embroidered in the colour of the other glove makes a suitable Vitegean statement doesn't it?! :wink:

Hopeless said:
Reread the character and realised I got the mustering out benefits wrong!

Had to drop 1,000 from the money and +1 to Intelligence from what was listed on the page before this one so her characteristics should read : 9 A 8 A D 6

Still haven't picked the pistol yet but retains the contact, 15,000 savings, +1 Intelligence and 2 Ship Shares in an Atlas class freighter renamed the Nimitz with a silhouette of a cat alongside the name of the ship in black and yellow.

Black and yellow gloves with the same silhouette embroidered in the colour of the other glove makes a suitable Vitegean statement doesn't it?! :wink:

Indeed, it does make a suitable statement!

I didn't notice the mustering out mistakes.

I read that each system and area of empty space has 1-5 Zimm points depending on the expected traffic. I did not see anything listing where these system Zimm points were located in the subsector books. Where would I find this information, or should I just assume they are approximately 100 diameters out from the the main world (or outside the 100D limit of the star for worlds inside the 100D limit of the star)?

CaptainOrs said:
I read that each system and area of empty space has 1-5 Zimm points depending on the expected traffic. I did not see anything listing where these system Zimm points were located in the subsector books. Where would I find this information, or should I just assume they are approximately 100 diameters out from the the main world (or outside the 100D limit of the star for worlds inside the 100D limit of the star)?

You're correct. They are located near 100 diameters away from the star.

Okay thread necromancy here we come! :shock:

Okay got three questions for you.

1) A character applies for and succeeds in entering Undergraduate College now with a normal success they either raise their Education score to 10 or +1 if already 10 or greater.
In addition they gain their field of study as a skill at +2 with a second at +1.

However if the pass with High Honours there's an additional +1 to education and the choice between increasing that second skill above to +2 or instead select a third skill at +1 so that two skills at +2 OR 1 skill at +2 and 2 others at +1.

For example Nia passes the Undergraduate College with High Honours selecting Mechanics as her field of study which is rated at +2 and chooses Diplomat and Leadership as her other two skills at +1 instead of just Mechanics and one of the other two at +2.

2) Why was the +1 Social Standing replaced with the Athletics skill?
Given there's a skill limit based on a character's combined Intelligence and Education scores it seemed odd so I was wondering if there was a reason for the change.

3) I am assuming a character in the Viteges Navy is treated as System Defence Force?

Back