Christmas Present for All Travellers - Free Stranded Adventure!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
We have just posted a complete and self-contained - and free! - adventure for Traveller.

Stranded is a remastering of a classic Traveller adventure, reimagined by Martin Dougherty.

Forced to eject from a crippled starship, the Travellers find themselves on a glacier with nothing more than the contents of their survival kits. The only settlement on-planet is 250 km away through rugged terrain, and it appears rescue is not coming. In Stranded, the Travellers are forced to rely on their own resources. Deprived of advanced technology, they must solve the problems they encounter on the long march to safety. Food, warmth, and a dry place to sleep are suddenly luxuries to be earned the hard way.

You can download your own copy straight away right here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/419731/Stranded

This is our Christmas gift to all dedicated Travellers. We wish you a very merry holiday and a prosperous New Year!

stranded.jpg

Thank you! Merry Holidays to all of you at Mongoose, and a Happy New Year! (and of course, also to all my fellow Traveller fans :giggle:

Wow! Thank you so much!

Hmm, can I run this as the final part of a trilogy starting with Flatlined, moving directly into Death Starion and then the rescue ship crashes and links to this? My players will kill me, but it will be worth it 😛

Merry Christmas!

We have just posted a complete and self-contained - and free! - adventure for Traveller.

Stranded is a remastering of a classic Traveller adventure, reimagined by Martin Dougherty.

Forced to eject from a crippled starship, the Travellers find themselves on a glacier with nothing more than the contents of their survival kits. The only settlement on-planet is 250 km away through rugged terrain, and it appears rescue is not coming. In Stranded, the Travellers are forced to rely on their own resources. Deprived of advanced technology, they must solve the problems they encounter on the long march to safety. Food, warmth, and a dry place to sleep are suddenly luxuries to be earned the hard way.

You can download your own copy straight away right here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/419731/Stranded

This is our Christmas gift to all dedicated Travellers. We wish you a very merry holiday and a prosperous New Year!

View attachment 935
I like it! The hunger mechanic makes the game have a realistic edge and the art and layout are amazing! Thanks Mongoose!

Maybe the stats for these weapons have been published elsewhere but I was not able to find them in the adventure itself, the Core Rulebook(2016) or Central Supply Catalogue(2016), so I came up with the following:

Survival Blade ( Readily Available Equipment, Page 21)
A large, heavy-bladed cutting implement designed for hacking a path through undergrowth or undertaking basic construction of shelters and the like. The handle is hollow and contains a compass, wire, needles and other small survival items. Most notably there are fire-starting capsules which, when twisted together, will burn hotly for a short time.

Weapon Skill: Melee( Blade )

WeaponTLRangeDamageKgCostTraits
Survival Blade7Melee2D0.5Cr150-

Snub Revolver (Crash Site 1, Page 24)
Very similar to the Snub Pistol but in form of a revolver.

Weapon Skill: Gun Combat( Slug )

WeaponTLRangeDamageKgCostMagazineMagazine CostTraits
Snub Revolver853D - 3-Cr1506Cr10Zero-G

5mm Carbine (Crash Site 1, Page 24)
The carbine uses a 10-round detachable magazine. Comes with a folding stock and a 1.5–4x optical sight, which could be used as a basic telescope.

5mm Carbine5502D3Cr15010Cr20-

4mm Survival Rifle (Crash Site 2, Page 24)
A light weight bolt operated rifle of a small calibre. It has no magazine and each round has to be loaded individually.

4mm S. Rifle51002D3Cr2001Cr2-

Last edited:
The size of the Razormouth is given as Small(-2) while its Hits is listed as 30. Usually a creature of this size has 6-7 Hits. Not sure if this is truely intended or if the Hits carried over from the Plateface. Considering that Razormouths are frequently encountered and usually in packs I would adjust its Hits to the usual number for its size.

Last edited:
In theory, there's now a weapon design template available, which covers slug throwers.

As far as I know, a Terran survival rifle is likely a twenty two long rifle calibre; four millimetres harks back (or forward) to gauss needles.

Back