Check the Planet Mongoose blog guys

Does this mean that the RPG side of Starship Troopers will start up again? Otherwise its means a complete abandonment of Starship Troopers as a whole :-/

(Hicks)
GAME over man GAME over!!!!

sad to see a good game go down the drain..... i wish mongoose would have made better choices in the changes and all, dos this mean mongoose is dead for good? sry i didnt read the entire thing.

either way *bugs swarm around us retreival ship leaves us moritas jam or run out of ammo and we are all bitten and torn to shreds*

last words... GAME OVER MAN !!! GAME OVER!!!!

Hasta Luego, Mongoose . . . .

Tie this wunnerful news with the constant complaints about Mongoose' poor quality control in their printing and binding operation and I can only thank goodness for the other Gaming companies who are providing good quality products to their customers.

I have all of my First Edition rulebooks which I will edit and set up for local gameplay, eliminating some of the poor editing and rules problems.

As for Mongoose miniatures ("Nevermore"), not really in to RPGs any longer.

I will simply come up with appropriate proxies to play with my gaming group.

I think many of us have seen this coming, what with the constant "Something wonderful is coming" announcements proving to be worthless hype and promises. Too bad!!

Keep well Mongoose, I hope for your sakes you survive this series of debacles. If you do survive it will not be on my dollars. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is just shocking.

I can understand the cost problem involved, but what will happen to these so called 'wonderful' new minis?
Are other people going to cast them? Or is MGP going to become strictly RPG? This does dissappoint me a lot. Mongoose has led me to meet some great people and have some very good days, but I seriously have little to no interest in RPGs. I am glad I kept all my SST or I would feel fully-fledged shafted, but I am really annoyed they all got pulled when they did with no warning this could happen.

I thought pulling the ACTA range was to make way for this, but obviously its for everything! Perhaps now you guys will think of continuing GOMC1 as it is less demanding.

How do SONY feel about this?

[checks the calendar... nope it's still not April 1st...]

[double sigh]

So at what point do the cardstock tokens start getting bundled with the game?
Is it a matter of funds for production or simply not cost effective?
Would fan-financed projects for new mini development be viable?

Rob_A said:
Are other people going to cast them? Or is MGP going to become strictly RPG?

Looking from ACTA side no 3rd partying there. Dunno what differences the licenses have. B5 license prevents Mongoose using 3rd party to produce models but does that apply for SST as well?

Luckily seems they haven't given up on miniatures completely so in future they might tackle it again if it becomes economically feasible.

I thought pulling the ACTA range was to make way for this, but obviously its for everything! Perhaps now you guys will think of continuing GOMC1 as it is less demanding.

I don't think they can continue GOMC1...Problem seems to be that they didn't sell enough to cover the expenses. I don't see continuing with only smaller sale model to cover expenses needed to keep miniature production on line. If anything seems they could have done with several more big games to produce models on :-/

For my part, I'm holding out for the further announcement promised "later" regarding SST.

Though at this point, it's starting to look like Mongoose is going to have start putting out books that teleport harems full of exotic temptresses into your gaming room before they can turn this around.

ok come to think of it we live on eartha nd all and everything happens thigs revolve die,then come back somewere else... i think this just might be a phenix moment, a good game dies and a company turns into a RPG company ( :evil: ) after PROMISING us a awsome futer of starship trooper but then back backstab us TWICE. i beleive the Star ship troopers line will be caried down to a new company and made better with no failure. other than that im going to keep playing at GW were i know i wont be let down and i will talk to some managers to request they talk to some officials about star ship troopers, after all they made a lotr battle game. i hope you all do the same so we may press a great idea into a sucessful company.

You know this minis being canciled would make mongoose look bad. I mean seriosly what production costes? It cant be that bad to stop a hole bunch of mini lines?

ok ok sry about my last post i guess i over reacted.... but why doesSTARSHIP TROOPERS have to go!!! why cant t be the RPGS and the stuff thats not that popular... i give credit to mongoose for trying but dont take away the most popular game away from its customers. and heromoon why are you shaking your head at me lol is it cause i over reacted lol if so sry i just is a starship troopers fanatic and would hate to see the miniature game go befor i got a chance to play it.

well, the thing is there's a bit in ( ) in the blog post that may or may not hint to something that might be considered something to look into. It's near the end of the blog post.

MaxSteiner said:
Oh for gods sake :roll: We will at least still get the rule book we've been told is completly finished???

Not that I am aware of. I am on the playtest team and we havent been given any update on the final version.

Prophet said:
MaxSteiner said:
Oh for gods sake :roll: We will at least still get the rule book we've been told is completly finished???

Not that I am aware of. I am on the playtest team and we havent been given any update on the final version.
That's because the last round is 19 days old. :D

well to cheer the spirits my friend made these check out the link, they could be used as LAMI proxies and im trying to find the bugs that were made.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1271/mioldstyleez7.png

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7827/miplatoonwa2.png

hope i have lowered your heart rates a little.

Paladin said:
Prophet said:
MaxSteiner said:

That's because the last round is 19 days old. :D

But its still now where close to beig a finished final version. Is it?

Back