Central Supply Catalogue Update 2023 - PDF & Pre-Order!

We in the US also use idiotic imperial measurements. The country that invented those units of measure abandoned them in favor of the superior metric system, yet we still use them here for some stupid reason.

Is there some way to get notified when a new PDF of the CSC gets posted?
Mongoose is pretty good about sending me an email when a pdf gets updated... but my purchases are through DTRPG, because I only use prepaid gift cards on the internet and most of them specifically say US purchases only and I don't want any confusion.

Mongoose is pretty good about sending me an email when a pdf gets updated... but my purchases are through DTRPG, because I only use prepaid gift cards on the internet and most of them specifically say US purchases only and I don't want any confusion.
I think those emails come from DTRPG automatically, whenever a vendor updates a file.
Except for Kickstarted things, I buy everything straight from Mongoose (I'm a hard copy junkie), and I've never been notified of an update for those PDFs. It's my one greatest wish. (Well, after a pony.)

From looking at Drivethrurpg, this doesn't seem to have been updated yet. Is there any word on the updated (corrected) pdf?

Bump: any sign of the updated pdf? Drivethrurpg is still showing 11 January's version. Cheers! :)

We in the US also use idiotic imperial measurements. The country that invented those units of measure abandoned them in favor of the superior metric system, yet we still use them here for some stupid reason.

I wish. In the UK (where I was born, not where I live) they use a hybrid, just like the US. Many more things are metric - legacy of (prior?) European affinity, but notably speed and distance tend not to be. The "Imperial" units that the US uses now differ from those of the founding Empire. In the case of miles, it is because the US now uses a statute mile based on metric (hurrah) survey data provided by USGS. And of course Britain switched most things recently, so older generations like me still think in legacy measurements which almost entirely differ from their US counterparts in everything but name. Even without the difference in method for the mile, equivalents such as feet and inches differ by two millionths - a tiny fraction until you build a road using the wrong one (my father was a civil engineer). That's the well known side - there are of course Danish inches, etc.

In the end, they are just units of measure - no more than tools. Like any RPG, use what suits best and be clear in your choices.

I wish. In the UK (where I was born, not where I live) they use a hybrid, just like the US. Many more things are metric - legacy of (prior?) European affinity, but notably speed and distance tend not to be. The "Imperial" units that the US uses now differ from those of the founding Empire. In the case of miles, it is because the US now uses a statute mile based on metric (hurrah) survey data provided by USGS. And of course Britain switched most things recently, so older generations like me still think in legacy measurements which almost entirely differ from their US counterparts in everything but name. Even without the difference in method for the mile, equivalents such as feet and inches differ by two millionths - a tiny fraction until you build a road using the wrong one (my father was a civil engineer). That's the well known side - there are of course Danish inches, etc.

In the end, they are just units of measure - no more than tools. Like any RPG, use what suits best and be clear in your choices.
Same here, as a not natural born American I learned metric first, though here I use customary mostly, and in engineering school we used metric (si) and customary, and it wasn't odd to see machines from the 80's with both.

It's good to see the revised version, but the covers and quite a lot of the corrections seem to be missing.
Yes, no cover (front or back) and I don't have time to check them all (meeting in 5 min), but the mortar is back to being 12 tons...

I had a quick look and there didn't seem to be any of the edits from this thread there, so I wonder if it's the wrong file (notwithstanding the missing cover)?

Back