campaign idea

Wulfhere

Mongoose
possible campaignidea away from the normal path:

1.)Starting setup Dilgar wars A spec ops group under the direct leadership of the Joint chiefs of staff is founded. Storys around espionage /thiefery of technology etc.

2.)around earth minbari war small unit operation to get prisoners and found a way to defeat the enemy.

3.) season one in some operation the unit found clues for the assassins of president santiago but they cam to late to stop it. Later most of the teams and leaders are killed and the group is on the run. They try to find allies and later join the the rebells.

4.) Over the time the find some clues of the (draakh?)nfluence over all the years in most of the events and must stop the masterplan (possible a fight with bureau 13)

Any suggestions and idea`s ??
As i said it `s only a basic plan

In your number 4, don't limit it to just Drak. I believe that the Shadows had many allies.

Sidney

In the campaign I'm running, the party are the crew of a Hyperion in the middle of the Shadow War, serving among the breakaway Earth colonies.

They serve as troubleshooters, going out to investigate reports of enemy activity, put out fires, and look into things.

Jon Acheson

I have always been thinking about a running a campaign where something totally different happens. My one idea is to have an alternative to Earth. Mainly how one particular Earth Official is asked by Morden, "What do you want?" And he answers to beat the Minbari. The Shadows then Support an expansionistic Earth in attacking the Minbari and a remake of the Earth-Minbari war.

I think it would make for an exciting campaign.

And of course there is that guy who is writing his own novel where the Minbari level Earth. I cant remember what its called but its on the net somewhere.

My PBEM game is basicly each player has set their own beginning.

Some have met.

Some IC don't really know the existance of the other players.

Most days things are quiet, like RL.

I have the B5 Seasons for the major events taking place around them.

So far (if my memory is correct) we have:

An EA fighter pilot whoes Hyperion has be badly damaged by the Narns as the humans were spying on the Narn activity there.

Three EA fighter pilots who or fighting raiders between Proxima and B5.

A Teep on the freighter that the above three are trying to protect.

A female Narn doctor working for Dr, Franklin on B5. She has such an attitude towards Centauri.

Two Minbari aids to Delin, one worker and the other warrior caste.

A human maintaince worker, electritian & mecanical. He has a dark past.

A human fighter pilot who has his own Delta and hires out to protect freighters.

A human GROPOS, who is working for Garibaldi.

If I forgot anyone who reads this, I apoligize.

Of course, I have a number of NPCs and some NPCs in the wings waiting to walk on stage.

You can only do such a diverse game using PMEM.

Sidney

I'm waiting on the Centauri SB as I would like to run a campaign that follows the events of the B5 series from a Centauri perspective.

The ongoing troubles with the Narn.
Political intrigues
Long lost artefacts being recovered.
The loss of the Emperor.
The rise to prominence of a lowly Ambassador..

I figured even if my players want to play other races I could handle it by having the Humans/Minbari as Ambassadorial staff although a Narn could be awkward :-<

Wulfhere said:
possible campaignidea away from the normal path:

1.)Starting setup Dilgar wars A spec ops group under the direct leadership of the Joint chiefs of staff is founded. Storys around espionage /thiefery of technology etc.

2.)around earth minbari war small unit operation to get prisoners and found a way to defeat the enemy.

These two missions would call under the purview of the Special Assault Service if, as they seem to be, are modelled in after both the British SAS and US Special Forces. So, no need to create a whole different special ops unit/command.

Though to keep a campaign from getting too much in a rut, remember that many special operations units have multipule missions. Individual teams normally specialize in a few but still with a broad enough range of training that they can get the most use out of them. To use the US Army's example, missions include:

-Direct Action: Raids and assaults to acheive a strategic or sometimes operational end.

-Unconventional Warfare: assisting a local insurgent movement with training and cadre.

-Counter Insurgency: Flip-side of UW, this time helping in the training of a government against an existing insurgency.

-Special Reconnasiansse: deep, long range recon

-Counter Proliferation: attacks to secure or neutralize weapons of mass destruction

-Foreign Internal Defense: Training local forces to handle their own defense

There are also secondary missions to include civil-military operations, psychological operations (a distinction between the SOF missions and the units (CA and PSYOP) specifically trained these last two), counter-terrorism, coalition support, and others.

What this illustrates though is that while a team may have a primary task to 'acquire Dilgar/Minbari technology', there are other missions it's capable of and likely to be tasked with in the interim.

Any suggestions and idea`s ??
As i said it `s only a basic plan

For an overview of special operations I'd suggest a look here.

Back