Campaign fleets help

verdantgreen

Mongoose
On this forum and others I've heard the term "campaign fleet" used to describe a particular size of fleet (as in "two more Aviokis and my Brakiri will be a full campaign fleet").

What I'm wondering is this: how many fleet allocation points would I realistically need to put together for a viable campaign fleet? I've read the campaign rules, but sometimes little things like this have answers that aren't immediately apparent to novices like me.

Thank you in advance for any advice you have for me :)

10 Battle is normal, anyway, and is probably what people mean.

The resource point costs of ships are intended for that size campaign, but there's no reason in theory why one shouldn't field a war-priority campaign (a common suggestion in multi-system campaign).

On a related note, does one not count fighters in a campaign fleet? Say I'm playing a 5 skirmish point game and I want 8 fighters to go with 4 Chronos, do I have to account for those 8 fighters in my fleet list, or can I draw them from another ship on the Campaign list?

You can buy them individually, or pull them off any ship with the Carrier trait.

I personally bought 24 flights of Firebolts, and staffed them on my Poseidon.

Dark Angel

EDFDarkAngel1 said:
You can buy them individually, or pull them off any ship with the Carrier trait.

I personally bought 24 flights of Firebolts, and staffed them on my Poseidon.

Dark Angel

Just to make sure I got it...

If I have a Poseidon in the fleet (which comes with 24 fighters) and I have the aforementioned 5point Skirmish game, I can draw those fighters from the Poseidon. I cannot draw the fighters off of the 2 Marathons I have though.

rulebook p. 100 campaing section

Carriers
Any ship with the Carrier trait may send its Fighters off with a fleet about to go into battle, without taking part in the fight itself. Simply organise the required amount of Fighters from the Carrier’s hanger into Wings, each with a number of flights equal to the amount you would normally purchase as a Wing in your fleet list. You may then use these Fighters as part of your fleet, paying the normal Fleet Allocation Points for them. At the end of the battle, any survivors are returned to the Carrier.

lgryszka said:
rulebook p. 100 campaing section

Carriers
Any ship with the Carrier trait may send its Fighters off with a fleet about to go into battle, without taking part in the fight itself. Simply organise the required amount of Fighters from the Carrier’s hanger into Wings, each with a number of flights equal to the amount you would normally purchase as a Wing in your fleet list. You may then use these Fighters as part of your fleet, paying the normal Fleet Allocation Points for them. At the end of the battle, any survivors are returned to the Carrier.

I s'pose I oughta read the WHOLE thing first, then ask the stupid questions... :oops:

Thanks

Back