Burrower move & Carrion Bugs

Galatea

Mongoose
As it seems no-one is willing (or able) to respond my questions in the rulemasters section I'll ask them here again. Maybe they have already been answered.

1. The Burrower has now a move value of 6". The rules say it can give it's special tunneling movement to any squad it leads. Does this also apply for it's normal movement under ground (I asume yes)?
And what if the transported creature is slower than the burrower itself?
-> Can I attach a burrower to a King Tanker (or anything else) and move 18" (co-ordinate) torwards a hidden tunnel entrance?

2. Can I swarm normal Warrior Bugs with Carrion Warriors? (I asmue yes, as it's the same species)

This is just my opinion, but:

1) I assume no - imo this only applies as the burrower is digging the new tunnel at much faster rate than other spieces, but it doesn't do anything to make other bugs crawl faster within existing tunnels. So unfortunately no, You can't make the "swift tanker" combo, usefull as it would be.

2) Yes, it's the same spieces, so swarming together is all ok. Just make sure to mark which ones carry the parasite though.

1) That's what I think, too (it doesn't make the attached Bugs faster).
Just want to be sure.
But it can now accompy a unit of Blasters or firefries at full speed what is really a blessing.

2) It won't be a problem to differ my Zombies from the normal Warrior Bugs ^^

Galatea said:
As it seems no-one is willing (or able) to respond my questions in the rulemasters section I'll ask them here again. Maybe they have already been answered.

1. The Burrower has now a move value of 6". The rules say it can give it's special tunneling movement to any squad it leads. Does this also apply for it's normal movement under ground (I asume yes)?
And what if the transported creature is slower than the burrower itself?
-> Can I attach a burrower to a King Tanker (or anything else) and move 18" (co-ordinate) torwards a hidden tunnel entrance?

2. Can I swarm normal Warrior Bugs with Carrion Warriors? (I asmue yes, as it's the same species)

1) no, as it only gives it's special tunneling movement to other bugs. If theres already a tunnel there, no need for the burrower :) (no different to walking above ground)
2) I'd assume carrion and normal warriors can swarm as it's an upgrade to a normal bug, so the same as two brains with different powers or ripplers and kamikaze ripplers. But I could be wrong on that one.

1) Oh yes, there is a need for the burrower. Or did you ever tried to bring a unit of firefries to the enemy in tunnels?
It's funny to see how they run to another entrance each turn, but not very effective.

Weeeelllll... being a (mostly) LAMI player I don't mind the bugs running there and back again downstairs. This way they don't melt my men ^^

But wouldn't it be cheaper to send a Brain with them in the marker? You'll want one anyway, and it doesn't suffer from the underground disorientation. Most importantly this way the burrower doesn't have to be bought = more combat bugs around.

Send a burrower, it's great in CC and if you lose it, big deal :)

or, only have one entrance active, that way they will move towards it anyway

Camouflaged entrance You mean, otherwise troops will just shot the hole to pieces, leaving the poor non-tunnellers stranded down there :D

Where does it say that the Burrower's movement was upgraded from 3" to 6"? Or do you mean 6" per turn, rather than per phase?

well i would assume that the tanker digs a hole slower than the burrower because it is not made to do that and so is slowed down by digging. but if with a burrower it would not need to dig and so move at its normal speed which is slower than that under the surface. but the burrower can only be attached to squads and i think a tanker is not clased as a squad, it is more of a thing to dig for fire frys and the like.

The Unit consists of one Tanker Bug -> the Tanker Bug IS a unit.
But question here is not tunneling move - that one is clear.

My question is about walking in existing tunnels -> move per normal move action torwards an exisiting tunnel entrance.
And here I think, like Makoto said, the Burrower doesn't make attached Bugs move faster. So if a tanker moves 5" the Burrower can't make it move 6". But, if it is attached to a unit of Firefries (which have move 6") they can move 6" torwards a tunnel entrance they want.

Back