Buildings

roughneck GIR mk2 said:
Woah! You're right, I totally didn't notice those, I was paying more attention to rico all the time :lol: . Those tents look very much alike indeed, just the film's one has more rounded parts :)

I've been calling my Bucky Ball tents "BB" tents for short. Right now I'm working on making up the other more visible tents for my gaming use, inspired by the Sprung Shelters in the film. That's what they are called officially by the company that makes them. My name for my models will be "CC" tents (see a pattern anywhere here? lol). That can stand for Camp Currie or one of the possible materials the tents could be made from (Carbon Composite).

Over at the TMP website around the first part of July a member using the initials "CC" (heh, destiny!) was asking if anyone made the tent from the movie. It did not appear that it was offered so I spoke up and decided it was time for me to get off of my butt and make them up. In a few weeks I'll probably post some photos on this forum that may be of interest to players of SST, maybe even inspiring. It has been something to work on as we wait for the game to get worked over by MGP. :D

Btw, your new nickname is "mk2", OK? :lol:

BuShips said:
I've been calling my Bucky Ball tents "BB" tents for short. Right now I'm working on making up the other more visible tents for my gaming use, inspired by the Sprung Shelters in the film. That's what they are called officially by the company that makes them. My name for my models will be "CC" tents (see a pattern anywhere here? lol). That can stand for Camp Currie or one of the possible materials the tents could be made from (Carbon Composite).

Over at the TMP website around the first part of July a member using the initials "CC" (heh, destiny!) was asking if anyone made the tent from the movie. It did not appear that it was offered so I spoke up and decided it was time for me to get off of my butt and make them up. In a few weeks I'll probably post some photos on this forum that may be of interest to players of SST, maybe even inspiring. It has been something to work on as we wait for the game to get worked over by MGP. :D

Btw, your new nickname is "mk2", OK? :lol:
Yeah, it's because my first user asphixiated over the summer, so I had to make a mark2 version :roll: . Good luck on those movie carbon composite tents lol. Would you care to enlighten me on how you made the BB tents? I kinda forgot what you said the first time I asked you :oops: .

roughneck GIR mk2 said:
Would you care to enlighten me on how you made the BB tents? I kinda forgot what you said the first time I asked you :oops: .[/color]

That's easy. S&P Wargamer #38. :D

They were never really soccer (foot) balls but rather auto window cling decorations. I found them at a local Target store, but you might check out automotive supply stores. You can also find "toy" small balls and maybe cut a section out of the "bottom". With me using the windows clings, I didn't have to do any cutting. The article also shows how to make entry doors for those and other of my structures. You might start making a handfull of them (or wait until I offer cast doors). You are likely going to want to have a few at hand when you see my latest SST project. :wink:

Ooooh. I'll keep my eye out for them. What's this about cast doors? I won't have to make any you say :wink: . Cool, so you're making the CC tents then, or something else? :idea:

I know they aren't soccer balls, here football is with that funny oval thing that isn't really a ball :lol: :roll: . They remind me of those little fake plastic soccer ball-esque toy things that are hidden in my brothers' toy box

roughneck GIR mk2 said:
Ooooh. I'll keep my eye out for them. What's this about cast doors? I won't have to make any you say :wink: . Cool, so you're making the CC tents then, or something else? :idea:

I know they aren't soccer balls, here football is with that funny oval thing that isn't really a ball :lol: :roll: . They remind me of those little fake plastic soccer ball-esque toy things that are hidden in my brothers' toy box

Yeah, you get torn between English and American traditions (and then you have your own of course). I've heard that we have you up there spelling words ending in "-ize" like us, rather that the British "-ise".

Just remember, "Resistance is useless. You will be assimilated." :twisted:

Oh, and about the doors. I might be making up some way to cast them. I don't know yet. I needed a bunch of tents, so I made a mold. It was the only way to do the project.

Yeah we use both ize and ise(depends on the word). Colour...

"assimilate this" :twisted: . Or you could just say "resistance is useless" man are those hitchhiker books fun :lol: .

roughneck GIR mk2 said:
Yeah we use both ize and ise(depends on the word). Colour...

"assimilate this" :twisted: . Or you could just say "resistance is useless" man are those hitchhiker books fun :lol: .

Yeah, I mixed the hitchhiker phrase into the Borg's "Resistance is futile". Well, maybe the Vogons read poetry to the Borg and killed them off, heh. As trivia, I think that the Star Trek phrase came after Adams' version. :roll:

Back