Building Background

PaulB

Mongoose
If you've dipped into the Wars rules, want to build up your background knowledge, can't wait for the next supplement to arrive and aren't adverse to owning a collectible card game... then I recommend getting your hands on Incursion and Nowhere to Hide, the first two sets of the Wars CCG. It seems as good a time as any, as you get both sets cheaply from various sources - including eBay and various online trading card dealers. I just picked up 36 pack booster boxes of Incursion and Nowhere to Hide for $47 (or just over £25)... a steal, basically. That's more than 1000 pieces of background material - characters, locations, planets, ships, vehicles, weapons, etc.

I pcked up 2 of the incursion decks for a fiver a piece in an FLGS the other week, they offered me boosters at a £1 a pop to get rid of their stock.

Maybe after pay day.

LBH

You can also visit the web site I built for the WARS TCG called Essential Wars. I have all the cards in a searchable database along with card images.

Essential Wars

I would still suggest buying the cards as they can be bought at a very low price.

By way of further explanation, the £25 I paid for the two boooster boxes INCLUDED two lots of airmail postage, as the boxes came from two different people. I think paying 37 pence per booster makes it worthwhile.

Hank's site is awesome. If you haven't seen it, you should.

Back