Brute Tawn Riders

I want to do a unit of Brute Tawn Riders.

Using the (original) Skinnie Militia as a basis, with sculpted Robes. Hasslefree Miniatures do a sprue of Hockey Sticks I can use as a basis for Disruptor Glaives.

hfl007.jpg

I DON'T want to use the Mount off the Skinnie Warchief (thats too easy, plus it will stop the Warchief looking quite so impressive) so I am looking around for ideas for mounts.

I quite like the Lizardmen Cold Ones produced by Games Workshop, BUT I would rather them be Metal Models if at all possible.

Any ideas?

God theres more life in a tramps vest then there is on here these days :(

Anyway, you're in luck Lt. this tasty little nugget (Which you also contributed too) has survived all the automatic pruning:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21482&highlight=tawn

Ta 'da plenty of great suggestions there!

Right, my first test (sorry about the grainy pictures) but here goes.

I tried just using reposed Skinnie Militia. But the body was way to thin, they didn't look tough (or 'brutish') enough.

So, I used a Plastic Junker Legionnaire as the base. They are chunkier and the come with shoulder pads that give them a more impressive look to them.

l_42798a3742af8ab3ccac4fde5bcd2567.jpg

l_d884a7ee9cadbcebdc07074dcc1bac36.jpg

l_207d8e547679b703019d2a664aa618c3.jpg

I decided on the Dark Elf Cold One plastics from the EE for the mount, as I liked the beefier look to them.

I clipped off the Junker hands to make the Arms slightly longer, just by the adding of the Skinnie hands really (I like simple).

The Torso was lengthened, by the insertion of a small piece of styrene tubing into the waist.

I removed the boots from the Junker, and pinned the Skinnie feet onto the stumps. Leaving about 2mm of wire showing, I will be sculpting detail into these areas.

The head remained the same, a Skinnie Militia head.

You can see the bracing wire in his right Hand, ready for when the Hockey Sticks (sorry, Power Glaives arrive Lol).

Now I need to construct the saddle front and back, add the reigns, and maybe some baggage.

Disappointing, I thought it would be painted by now :lol:

Seriously, looks good. Finish them up for us!

I kwum. 8)

Just need motivation. I have four days off in a row, and am going to do some bugs, in an odd red and blue combo.

If think if i put off my ripplers any longer they may attack me in my sleep....

Back