BRP Armor system?

Mad_Irishman

Mongoose
Hello, I was thinking of converting the MRQ armor rules to a armor die roll like in Stormbringer. I'm not sure about the armor points and I like the idea of rolling let say 1d6 for leather armor protection. It seems that if you have the right armor, no weapons will penetrate. Also I was thinking of getting rid of reaction and action points and going to the cumulative modifier such as -20% for each additional parry in a round. Do you folks think this will be a game breaker or enhancer? I like most of the MRQ rules, but would like those tweaks. Thanks for your replies.

-Ian

With a precise attack, you can actually bypass armor regardless of the armor points. A variable roll for armor would eliminate the need to roll for a specific hit location. Using the existing system, a system that subtracts from consecutive parries in a round is unnecessary because when success levels are equal, the higher of the roll prevails and downgrades the loser and failure on the initial opposed rolls still occurs on a 96+ (00 fumble).

If you institute the changes you've suggested, you're simply better off using the Stormbringer system as opposed to the MRQ system.

BTW, are you "The Mad Irishman" of character sheet fame? If so, your sheets rock!

I wouldnt use both hit locations and armour rolls, and between the two, I'd rather have locations, to be honest.

As far as multiple actions, the stormbringer method works well, but I kinda like being able to do 2-3 things per round. Its also easier to have spells with different casting times

Back