Book 6 arrived today!

hawkytom

Mongoose
Heya, just letting you guys know that Book 6 is officially being sent out!! Was pleasantly surprised to find it in my mailbox today, considered I just got book 5 a week or two ago, sweet!

I live in California by the way. Haven't got a chance to look it over yet, but at first glance it looks great!

Yaaay!! Do you know I just checked to be sure I had pre-ordered it, and I had way back in July.

Looks like we will hit the August date in the end (assuming UK shipping comes soon).

Does the book look good?

WritingWolf said:
Does the book look good?

Looks fantastic, haven't actually read through the content yet to make sure all the sections are there or anything like that, but the book looks great!

There are only a few things I noticed that I could nitpick about. And when I say nitpick I mean NITPICK! Absolutely nothing critical. I'm just listing them for the record.

1) The bow isn't listed as a selectable weapon under the description of Weaponmastery. I know this is just an oversite because they often refer to the +3RN bonus within the text of the book.

2) The section number at the top corner of the page section 15 is on just says 1. Looks like a typo. Someone just missed the 5.

3) In the text of section 127 and the footnote of the accompanying illustration there is a context error. Both state "Gathered about a circular table of gleaming steel, a group of elderly men are poring over books, star charts, and astral maps" but clearly the illustration depicts a wooden table. :lol: oops!

On other thing I noticed. In this version of the book you are told to list the Silver Bow of Duadon as a special item not a weapon as in my old copy. If memory serves me right, doesn't the Grandmaster books consider it a special item? If so then this would correct that inconsistency.

Boba Matt said:
On other thing I noticed. In this version of the book you are told to list the Silver Bow of Duadon as a special item not a weapon as in my old copy. If memory serves me right, doesn't the Grandmaster books consider it a special item? If so then this would correct that inconsistency.

Yes, in further books it is considered a Special Item. In fact Joe Dever is making minor corrections in books 2 to 27 to make things more consistent (book 28 will have 50 more sections from what I read everywhere). For example, M’lare bowls in book 3 are now always being referred to as Shianti M’lare bowls (to reflect the fact that Ikaya was a Shianti fortress).

Hi just got back off holiday to find book 6 on my doorstep - yay!

Only thing is it didn't come with an errata bookmark (for books 1-4) I was expecting or am I still suffering from jet er ship lag?
Can't even find the forum post which spoke about it.

Probubly me, the bonus adventure looks good though!

Hi guys,

We are just waiting for delivery of the bookmark - it wil be later this month. As soon as we have it, we'll put a post up, and then you can simply let us know you are after it. We'll take care of everything else!

The years (between editions) have not been kind to Altan. His oval, rugged face and blonde hair have been weathered into an evil version of snowshadows avatar. He looks a right vicious barsteward now. I used to always have a twinge of guilt as I gave him an old stagecoach ticket in exchange for his horse but no more!

So... I'm not the only one who got rid of the Coach Ticket, think I used to gave him a Gold Key too. I have to say the picture of Altan is one of the few I actually like in the new versions: Is it me or does he bear more than a passing resemblance to Aragorn (LOTR)?

SnowShadow said:
Is it me or does he bear more than a passing resemblance to Aragorn (LOTR)?

No, it isn´t you. :)

I´m fairly certain that the artist has found inspiration in that particular movie.

you guys were lucky
i found the package opend and of course empty at the top of my mail box (stupid mailman)

at the moment i am fighting with my local post office (buraeucracy s....)

Back