Book 13: two new artists

BlackCat

Mongoose
Just learned that Nate Furman will be the new illustrator of the LW seriesstarting with book 13. Congrats to him! Will a new illustrator take over the job of making the illustrations for the mini-adventures of book 13 and beyond?

I'm sad to see Richard Longmore go as I love his style.

BTW, can someone tell Mister Furman that we are quite a bunch of LW fans on this side of the pond...

Gah! Now I learn that Alberto Dallago will also leave after book 12! Dammit! I loved his style (I feel like I'm repeating myself). Hope the next cover artist will be as good as him. :?

At least it is at a fitting point in the series. I enjoy new artists because they add spice to the world.

Pascal Quidault, who is the guy behind most of our elric and hawkmoon covers has taken over as cover artist with Nate Furman doing all of the interiors.

You will see the changes with book 13 but I have to say that thus far it is all looking amazing and both Joe and myself are more than just a little impressed with how these guys are excelling already

MongooseCharlie said:
Pascal Quidault, who is the guy behind most of our elric and hawkmoon covers has taken over as cover artist with Nate Furman doing all of the interiors.

You will see the changes with book 13 but I have to say that thus far it is all looking amazing and both Joe and myself are more than just a little impressed with how these guys are excelling already

Looking forward for this then. BTW, who's the illustrator of the cover of book 29? The cover has been revealed way before it was announced that Alberto Dallago was leaving.

Thanks.
The new version of the cover, with small changes :
http://k-ido.over-blog.com/article-32597748.html

Well, we should rename this thread since it seems that Quidault will do every illustrations in book 13: cover artwork, interior illustrator, mini-adventure illustrations... Hope it won't delay the publication of the other books too much since the guy will be doing a heck lot of work on them.

Hi all
I dont like Furman's artwork at all. He can't draw people! Just look at his awful drawings. The head's of warriors seem stuck onto the body. Looks deformed.
Bad bad bad.
Brian Williams was the best.

Ok now I got that off my chest, I just finished and thoroughly enjoyed Book 11. I prefer the drawing of the Beholder as in the original Beaver Book edition from 1987; however, I prefer the drawing of Serocca in the Mongoose edition. The Chaos Master looks amazing...very Doom computer game inspired. Excellent.

Nice to kill Vonotar at the end too.

Harjinder

Don't think the Lorestones on 200 look like "spheres of crystal", more like eggs, prefer original. I do quite like Chaos Master picture, he looks realy mean! Serocca nice too and I like the 3d Daziarn image on 268. Did I mention LW should be dressed as a Pathfinder on the cover?

Back