Book 0 - just found some copies

kustenjaeger said:
I'd agree, however, that a free pdf taster might be better but maybe a mini adventure with pre-gen PCs and rules only for skills and weapons that they and their opponents have.

10$ isn't bad and it's good to have a printed product in the stores as an intro since not all potential customers are on the net, but I think it needs a small adventure and some pregens...
A free PDF from the website after a period of time would also be good.

I would definately point people to Signs & Portents in the booklet and let them know there are free Traveller adventures. It does in the Free RPG day version, but fails to have a link address listed directly in the ad.
I would include some pregens even as a PDF so people can see that there are more options to play... "Hmm, a Rouge, Scout, or a Marine sounds cool!"

I really appreciate MGP putting out the 'Zero' book for free at FRPGD, and I can see them charging for a physical copy (since they look to maybe be printed separately from the free version).

That being said, I would rather the PDF version was free, or like a buck but I don't make that decision.

kustenjaeger said:
I'd agree, however, that a free pdf taster might be better but maybe a mini adventure with pre-gen PCs and rules only for skills and weapons that they and their opponents have.
Regards

I would consider a mini adventure with pregens to be worth 5 dollars.

My complaint lies with charging $10 for an item which had previously been offered for free; if it were free I would have posted a link to my gaming group's website so those who don't have a copy of the main rules could have something to look at.

Back