Block War - New Revision

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
We have just posted a brand new revision of the Block War supplement. As usual, there are all sorts of tweaks and changes, but the highlights include;

* The Zombie Horde now has access to Super Zombies!
* Altered rewards in the rulebook campaigns.
* Dark Judges have revised rules and stats.
* New mercenaries - Chopper, Spikes Harvey Rotten, and War Marshal Kazan.
* Exorcist Judge can now have a go at exorcising the Dark Judges (may Grud have pity on his soul!).
* Mechanismo have new weaponry.
* Mob rules tweaked to curb excesses.
* New Talent trees for bikers and Leaders of Men.
* Famous Firefights - a brand new chapter that lets you play out famous battles from the comic strip. We kick off with a tough fight from the First Robot War and a smattering of punch-ups from the reign of Chief Judge Cal!

As always, you can grab a copy from;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniatures/judge-dredd/rulebook/block-war.html

Love the Famous Firefights.

The deployment zone for judges isn't properly outlines in The Hordes Of Klegg, though.

A couple of comments:

1: I like the new campaign rewards, but is it worth reviewing the rules for the Vid Reporter at the same time? After all, a 300 credit cap is a lot less effective if you're getting a 1000 credit bonus (or more).

2: No clarification on what happens if a Citi-Def soldier winds up in melee after he's failed a will check forcing him to take a shoot action.

3: Love the Famous Firefights.

chaoschild said:
1: I like the new campaign rewards, but is it worth reviewing the rules for the Vid Reporter at the same time? After all, a 300 credit cap is a lot less effective if you're getting a 1000 credit bonus (or more).

I did look at this, and did a lot of humming and harring. The Vid Reporter has to get fairly close to the action, and he is not exactly well-defended, so the opponent should have a few chances to take him out and deny the extra Credits.

In the end, I decided to leave this to playtest a little longer - meaning you chaps!

With the new Mercenaries - Chopper, Spikes Harvey Rotten and War Marshal Kazan - it doesn't indicate which gangs can take these guys.

Assumptions:
Chopper - Sky Surfers
Spikes - Justice Department or Street Gang
Kazan - East Meg

But could they fight alongside anyone else ?

Also - on page 46, the Senior Brit-Cit Judge has been given Satellites. I'm guessing it's a typeo and they should actually be against the Senior East-Meg Judge further down the same page.

Had a good couple of 700 point games today - East Meg versus Zombies.

a number of things came up:

The Super Zombies work really well and Greg was very happy with their enhanced capabilities - all good.
The new Battle of Wills rules were really good fun and a great addition to the game :)

East Meg changes:
The original suggestion was to have the normal East Meg Judge the same stats as a Rookie Judge and the upgrade ability to be a Hero - thats all good , but the current stat line is till the same as the original EM Judge which is really too good for 95 Credits:

Suggest Stat Line be:
Move 5", Agl +1, Shoot +0, Melee +1, Melee Dice 2 Dice, Will +1, Arm +5, Hits 1,
rest as is.

In contrast the EM Officer is still sadly awful for his points - suggest making him 120pts or boost the stats to same as a MC1 Judges.

Models on Power Boards may also use grenades but may not perform Melee actions.
How does this work if the Model is charged and what can he do in his turn if engaged in combat?

Da Boss said:
Models on Power Boards may also use grenades but may not perform Melee actions.
How does this work if the Model is charged and what can he do in his turn if engaged in combat?

I'm curious to see how this works as well.

My thoughts are

a) either the surfboards can't engage in melee at all, which means that they also cannot be charged or enter into a melee combat when someone takes a melee action.

b) they get no melee dice in the insuing melee.

I'd like to see how Matt rules on this.

Awesome on many levels.

I love the famous fire-fights.
How does the license agreement cover the film, BTW? Any chance of the "You Look Ready." scene as an official firefight?

Also, since we now have Galen DiMarco, PI, is there any possibility of getting Jack Point in a future update? Always room for a psychoticly violent clown detective....

Back