Better Traveller Art

Actually, I think she is SO uninterested in things besides her profession that she simply doesn't care how she looks. And obviously, she's working in a very hot, humid environment, otherwise she'd not be dressed like that.

To me, she looks sloppily dressed, NOT out to impress men...I think it fits (there ARE attractive women in science and other scholarly pursuits).

middenface said:
Yes, the plans from White Dwarf where pretty good, expecially the St Christopher, remember all those stars placed on the maps as consoles?

If you can remember the Travellers strip where Flynn (?) was trying to lift one of the stars off the console... in fact that map for the shuttle was really nice, you could just about see it behind the comic strip.!
I used that shuttle plan in a game! :D

GJD said:
There were some great ones drawn by somone called Nic Weeks if I recall - did the excellent Type H bounty hunter variant of the Type S and some very good plans for the Beanstalk on earth for a heist adventure.
The Type H forever changed the way I draw deckplans. I much prefer that technical drawing style to the standard Traveller diagrams or the (IMO) overly-rendered colour floorplans you get in some games.

Vile said:
I used that shuttle plan in a game! :D.

I drew that shuttle years and years ago for a laugh, keep meaning to go back to it, alas the drawing is long gone.. still its something I could do and the Osprey too............

Vile said:
The Type H forever changed the way I draw deckplans. I much prefer that technical drawing style to the standard Traveller diagrams or the (IMO) overly-rendered colour floorplans you get in some games.

Likewise, I prefer the simpler approach, you can see whats what so much easy, those funky fully uber render jobbies look great, but my eyes melt trying to see what is there... ok maybe thats just me... besides so much easier to print out...

The Hunter I have redone as the Huntress, some of the White Dwarf plans didn't quite make sense or where missing bits and things I couldn't quite figure, great plan though !

Art is very subjective. I think the art in most of the Mongoose products is well below acceptable for me. The original classic Traveller artwork really inspired your imagination which is why I am buying classic traveller again and selling all my Mongoose stuff.

Its not just the art of course I also just feel no emotional attachment to the Mongoose stuff I guess. I find it overly complex, much is very 'unTraveller-like' (if you can get that), and some is very dubious quality wise for me personally. The compedium for example is a bit of a rip off as are the reprinted small books and the new version Patrons book.

Its also though to do with the size of the books - CT books are perfect for skimming, whereas MT and the Traveller Compendiums I found are just far too unwieldy to use. Trying to remember half the MT rules makes my head spin as well.

No, for me its back to CT which seems to be going up in value as well - take a look at Ebay £350 for a set of books! Wow. He wont get a bid of course but just goes to show where all the interest still lies in the Traveller universe.

Ive always loved CT, for a few yearss my head was turned by the Compendiums and MT to make me even sell most of my original CT books, now I am buying them all back!!

nats said:
No, for me its back to CT which seems to be going up in value as well - take a look at Ebay £350 for a set of books! Wow. He wont get a bid of course but just goes to show where all the interest still lies in the Traveller universe.
Well, would it change your mind if I would offer a Mongoose Traveller core
rules book on Ebay for 50,000 Pounds ? :lol:

Back