Best weapon for the job

• Hel Infantry Flamer my fave :twisted:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Triple Thudd

• Shredder

• Total voters
ok im putting together my Pathfinders. Was a little stumped on what to give the ones i equipped with wasps. So i thought i would poll the issue. if you vote plz add your reasons and remepmber these lads are huntin through the skies

Oh and a n00b question i obviously cannot take missile launchers with wasps now can i?

thanks guys

Definitely the flamer. With its short range, the WASP pack is perfect for a Flamer platform. Normal CAP troopers have the problem of possibly ending in reaction range or within Charge range next turn if they use their flamers, but the extra 6" movement (coupled with hover, which means they can jump over ANY terrain) really makes the difference.

In order to use the Triple Thudd or shredder, you don't need to be very close to the enemy, but you do need to be to use the flamers.

I haven't used WASP packs before but I should imagine if with the 18" Hover move you could really make good use of 3 Flamers per Squad. Hover in, 'Flame-On', then Hover beyond reach...good damage potential, especially against bugs who are taking advantage of cover due to the flame trait.

Due to the fact that I have never used them, I have also never considered whether or not they can take a Javelin. I have had a quick look at the rules here and see no reason why they can't. There may have been some ruling somewhere to say you can't but I haven't seen it. On the modelling side though, it may be a little difficult to do.

I think flamers are a must have, WASPs or no wasps, you need some good old flamy action! of course a shredder is always good for those midrange firefights, might wanna stick one of them in there too ;)

veon said:
I think flamers are a must have, WASPs or no wasps, you need some good old flamy action! of course a shredder is always good for those midrange firefights, might wanna stick one of them in there too ;)

I agree. They are great vs. any army, but they truly excel vs bugs. They can blow holes in lines, they can react, and best of all, even if the bugs do reach your lines, they retaliate!

Back