Behind the Claw - Now in Stock!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The brand new sourcebook for Traveller, Behind the Claw, has finally arrived back from the printers! This mighty 288-page hardback, complete with giant double-sided sector map poster, covers the Spinward Marches and Deneb sectors in enough detail to keep you exploring and adventuring for years.

If you have pre-ordered this book, it is already on its way to you right now. If not, you can quickly grab your own copy here:

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/behind-the-claw.html

If you are in North America, you can use this link instead and have it sent directly from our US warehouse: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/behind-the-claw.html

Behind the Claw presents two complete sectors of Imperial space; Deneb and the Spinward Marches. Deneb is bordered by the Vargr Extents and the Great Rift, and has traditionally seen fierce rivalry between its powerful dukes. A long history of compromises and temporary deals has created a fragmented political situation ripe for exploitation by those with the wit and the will… and there is always the threat of corsairs from over the border.

The Spinward Marches is a border region, caught between the Aslan Hierate and Zhodani Consulate, with the tumultuous politics of Deneb at its back. It is the gateway to the Imperial frontiers and the crossroads of internal and external politics. Adventure opportunities abound between the frontier worlds of the Marches and the trade hubs of Deneb. Far from the Imperial Core, fortune awaits the bold and disaster lurks for the unwary Traveller.

296789.jpg

Awesome! I pre-ordered a copy from my FLGS yesterday, so this announcement is good timing.

Matt, is there a way to buy a second copy of the map, so I don't need to take it out of the book?

- Chris

Greysword said:
Awesome! I pre-ordered a copy from my FLGS yesterday, so this announcement is good timing.

Matt, is there a way to buy a second copy of the map, so I don't need to take it out of the book?

- Chris

No need, the book is shrink-wrapped with the poster map loose inside!

Hmmm

What shipping method has been used for UK. My order shows as shipped (it was a pre-order) but no tracking available

steelbrok said:
Hmmm

What shipping method has been used for UK. My order shows as shipped (it was a pre-order) but no tracking available
No tracking. I think mine arrived with the normal post, but might have been Parcelforce? Mrs crazy_cat got the post in as I was at work (from home) engaging with yet another Teams call zzzzzz

We use Royal Mail's 24 hour service in the UK - but please note that RM has not completely recovered from the virus effects and it can take a couple to a few days to arrive at times.

Have those of us that pre-ordered it with the Element Class Cruisers KS a few years ago been remembered?
I know I didn't get any links for the pdf version so I'm missing that. I'm hoping it wasn't so long ago, we've been forgotten for the print book as well.

Looking forward to this.

If you have not seen it yet, drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com and we will see what is happening!

Same. I pre-ordered during the Element Class Cruiser crowdfunding campaign and it looks like my order for Behind the Claw has been forgotten as well.

I’ll send an email.

CryAxe said:
I sent an email right after posting here and I still haven’t gotten a response.

Would you mind sending me another (msprange@mongoosepublishing.com). I will take care of it personally!

As a note to everyone, we are just waiting for more stock to arrive on this book (a little bit popular) so if you are waiting for a replacement it will unfortunately be a few more days.

I've preordered it and received the pdf a while back, but I haven't received the physical book yet. Should it have arrived in Sweden by now?

Same question as Varulf:

I've preordered the book and received the pdf a while back, but I haven't received the physical book yet. The status under "My Orders" when I log in to my account says "Shipped: 1".
Should it have arrived in the Netherlands by now?

I'm perfectly willing to wait a couple more weeks to see if it turns up, if it has been sent already.

Yes, they should have arrived by now, even with the post as it is - drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com.

Varulv said:
Should it have arrived in Sweden by now?

gilthy said:
Should it have arrived in the Netherlands by now?

Oh well, if so let's add Italy to the list :p , no (preordered) book for me so far (and I'm NOT pre-ordering The Drinaxian Companion if I don't get Behind the Claw first), however I'm used to long waiting times with untracked mail from the UK :roll: ...

Italy I would be a bit more hesitant about - international shipping has been fairly awful because of the virus, so I would suggest waiting another week or so. However, we guarantee the delivery of everything, so you will be covered.

MongooseMatt said:
I would suggest waiting another week or so...

No problem, I'm not worried at all (thanks for your fast email too :D ), but this raises a point: I'm fully willing to pay extra money for a Tracking Number™, why Mongoose can't use tracked mail for orders? :?

Back