Battlefield Evolution and Victory at Sea

tnjrp

Mongoose
Hmm.

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=21825&mode=thread&order=0

No discussion on these subjects on these forums yet, or am I just unusually inept at using Search function (OK I only tried Battlefield Evolution)? Couldn't see anything in the news on the main site either...

So, are they or are they not?

For real, I mean.

There's been some discussion of Victory at Sea since an early version of the rules appeared in S&P (for free).

There has been no mention of Battlefield Evolution, other than Matthew Sprange asking for playtesters with knowledge of near-future miliatry stuff (it has not been metioned by name).

Victory at Sea rulebook and Battle of the River Plate boxed set now appear on the upcoming releases page for November.

Hi guys,

Victory at Sea is indeed a go. As for Battlefield Evolution, well, we'll be making an announcement on that very soon :)

msprange said:
Hi guys,

Victory at Sea is indeed a go. As for Battlefield Evolution, well, we'll be making an announcement on that very soon :)

Hey sprange what scale will VoS be??? And any possibility of perhaps expanding that to mebe Victorian/Napoleaonic Age of Sail & Steam?
Been lookin for some decent rules and although there are a few out there that are no longer published. they are mostly hex based systems, where I prefer free form movement for miniatures as a rule

This is from WIng Command on the thread about Open Day

"The Victory at Sea ships were about 1/3000 scale, I spoke with Matt and he told me that they were releasing the Rules but not the ships as there are so many available out there at sunch low cost. He even recommended a few companies that produce cheap but nice stuff. "

Any news about Modern Evolution yet Matt? Pleasepleasegrovelgrovel.

We have certainly been using Navwar here at the office, and intend to use them as examples within the book. As for expanding the rules beyond WWII, we have discussed this a lot, but it really will depend on whether you chaps like the first book or not :)

With Battlefield Evolution on the way does that mean that the rumored Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon game is offically dead?

Hi matt, grab ghostrecon/rainbow and turn it into a small unit version on BFE...
Ps.. Thanks for the updates..
Alan

msprange said:
As for expanding the rules beyond WWII, we have discussed this a lot, but it really will depend on whether you chaps like the first book or not :)

In other words, BUY THE BOOK! Victory at Sea is a very fun game.

Are you sure you guys aren't being a little overambitious? 4+ miniatures games plus RPG supplements isn't exactly what I would call easy to manage.

Hey! When are we going to get some news on CE? I just read at Gaming Report that it's going to be different from similar games, but they aren't saying how. They just say to save your cash for next year. That's against the Geneva Convention!

.....and hopefully Stalingrad.[/quote]

What is this about Stalingrad? Is there a rumor out there that Mongoose is going to be creating a 25/28mm skirmish game set on the eastern Front of WWII?? Oh please say it is so! :) I would LOVE this!

Back