basic noob question

I have just gotten into A Call to Arms and Have a question about notation. Does 2D6 mean two times the value of one dice roll or the sum of two dice rolls? Thanks

He may be new to gaming but we all were at one time and if you don't ask questions then you don't know. Welcome to the hobby and to ACTA.

I certainly wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Just hard to remember when I was so new to gaming that I had to ask the same question...

How to scare a new gamer: Tell him the Rollmaster rulebook is the new players handbook for D&D and that he needs to learn all the tables :twisted:

(for the benefit of anyone (Id guess including ShroedingersCat :)) that dont know Rollmaster is one of the most insanely 'thoughrough' rulesets ever created with big percentile tables to roll on for pretty much every situation you might come across from conducting a symphony, to giving birth to climbing a rope ladder made entirely out of badger hair hanging from a giant Rhinocerous.

No I'm not kidding (ok so there isnt a table SPECIFICALLY for the last one but I'd wager there are sufficient modifiers for a more general climbing table to model that last one specifically.....))

Oh and welcome to the wierd and wonderful world of gaming! You dont have to be crazy to live here, but it helps :D

Edit: Actually thats a flat lie, you DO have to be crazy but if your not yet, you will be before long anyway :p

Locutus9956 said:
How to scare a new gamer: Tell him the Rollmaster rulebook is the new players handbook for D&D and that he needs to learn all the tables :twisted:

(for the benefit of anyone (Id guess including ShroedingersCat :)) that dont know Rollmaster is one of the most insanely 'thoughrough' rulesets ever created with big percentile tables to roll on for pretty much every situation you might come across from conducting a symphony, to giving birth to climbing a rope ladder made entirely out of badger hair hanging from a giant Rhinocerous.

No I'm not kidding (ok so there isnt a table SPECIFICALLY for the last one but I'd wager there are sufficient modifiers for a more general climbing table to model that last one specifically.....))

I got a tenner says someone just made that table.

Welcome to gaming ShrodingersCat.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, just remember that any odd replies you get are down to the fact we've all been doing it so long that we're grown old and crusty in the process.

I'm not giving you a tenner Sierra but.....

Roll Percentile Dice:

01-09 - The Rinnocerous Stampedes shaking the ladder violently, you fall off.
10-15 - You climb several feet and then get a cramp and have to wait for a round before carrying on
16-19 - The smell of sweaty giant Rhino is too much for you! Make a fortitude save or fall!
20-35 - 2d6 angry shaveed badgers turn up wanting their hair back. Either give them the ladder or fight them!
36-60 - You climb 10 feet
61-75 - You climb extra fast, going 20 feet up the ladder!
76-80 - You climb 10 feet but get a nasty rope splinter in your hand. Take 1 point of damage to the hand. Roll d5 to determine which finger.
81-90 - The Rhinocerous suddenly and unexpectedly dies. Roll a d6. If its odd then it falls away from you, if its even it falls towards you! You must drop to the ground and run to avoid being crushed (see table 10.b: Falling from a giant Rhinocerous (NO IM NOT GOINT TO MAKE THE TABLE!!!!)
91-95 You are struck by lightning, the rope ladder bursts into flames, and you and the Rhinocerous both take 8d10 electical damage!
96-100 Hundreds of Badgers arrive but rather then wanting their hair back they randomly start dancing and singing about mushrooms until they are suddenly chased away by a giant snake. You are so confused by this that you let go of the ladder (roll on table 10.b)

Hello and welcome to the big word of gaming. Just remember nod and agree copy what other people do and you'll be fine. No that would be silly ask questions and enquire about things. Dont worry about the stupidity of those tables, just yet anyway.

Most importantly you are not a geek your a level 12 palidin.

haha,lol, that table is great :lol:
welcome to the forums and congats on getting the best space game out there on minis, never worry about posting a silly question, we all do sometimes, and welcome to the forums, even if your answeres you get may end up being weird :D

Hello to this wonderful forum, one of the more ironic and chitterchatter fora ive found on the internet. And dont worry sometimes we even get information flowing.

As a little thumbs up to MGP i can only support their lax attitude towards us and not enforcing some of the crazed/strict forum rules that seem to sprout up around other company fora.

And most importantly the "big" guys at MGP actually listen to us :D. (now that was not ironic :twisted: )

Ahh well after 7 years of latin and actually being in possession of a latinum its would be a "mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa" on my side. And ashes on my head ^^.

Alea jacta est, we've all gone mad playing ACTA :D

Ashes ashes ... just thinking about August 79 (really meaning 79 not 1900 something ;-) Am I right ?)

Back