Base Size Confusion

Crysomer

Mongoose
Despite downloading the "Offical Ship Base Size" chart (which seems out of date as there are quite a few ships that are not listed on the chart) I am still confused as to what base goes on what for the following reasons:

1. Ships are displayed on the wrong base in pictures that differ from the "offical chart". Example - I purchased the Centauri Reinforcements box and the cover shows the Maximus Frigates on the small base when the chart says they should be on large base.

2. The same ships come with different size bases. The two Maximus Frigates from the Centauri Reinforcements set both came with large bases. However, I also purchased a single Maximus Blister and it came with a small base.

So can anyone point me in the right direction for the current base size rules. I rather play this game correctly than go somewhere and find out that my ships are on the wrong bases.

Crysomer said:
Despite downloading the "Offical Ship Base Size" chart (which seems out of date as there are quite a few ships that are not listed on the chart) I am still confused as to what base goes on what for the following reasons:

1. Ships are displayed on the wrong base in pictures that differ from the "offical chart". Example - I purchased the Centauri Reinforcements box and the cover shows the Maximus Frigates on the small base when the chart says they should be on large base.

2. The same ships come with different size bases. The two Maximus Frigates from the Centauri Reinforcements set both came with large bases. However, I also purchased a single Maximus Blister and it came with a small base.

So can anyone point me in the right direction for the current base size rules. I rather play this game correctly than go somewhere and find out that my ships are on the wrong bases.

Technically there aren't any basing restrictions. While there is a "Official Ship Base Size" Pdf, legally you can base them however you want. We have received this ruling from Matt Sprague.

Dave

Base larger for stability and depending on you painting skills sometimes looks.

Base small for advantages in tight formations and the inevitable furball.

Ripple

I always rebase my minis

Big ships for big bases ie. EA Liner, Strike Cruser, Omega etc.

Small Bases White Star, Soul Hunter, White Star Fighters etc.

I think that mongoos should just smack who ever packs the blisters. for example. all my white stars came with large bases. while my gunship came with the smallest base. obviously that tiny little thing isnt going to hold up that monster, one bump to the table and its smash time. I rebased my ships, but it would be nice to see bases matched up to ship size.

I recieved a couple of Sag's Saturday in the mail. They have metal bases is this something new or have they done this before, rather than the plastic ones. They make the figure more stable.

Admiral Phlop said:
I recieved a couple of Sag's Saturday in the mail. They have metal bases is this something new or have they done this before, rather than the plastic ones. They make the figure more stable.
I honestly don't know if metal is standard yet, but I bought some ka'tocs 4 months back with metal, and you can order them on the mongoose site individually.

i like to build my miniatures with interchangable bases so i can use any combination of ship and base depending on what i need at the time (i use my acta minis for a few different games).

Back