BAd scheduling of the May 2005 Mongoose Open Day ????

Is May the 14th good for you?

• Yes, only day I can make it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, would rather it be rescheduled

• Doesn't matter, I'll be attending whatever date it is

• Doesn't matter I won't be going

• Please move it so I can do MI duty at/attend the Bristol comic expo AND make the Open Day!

• Good god! LBH is stirring up trouble again!!

• Total voters

lastbesthope

Mongoose
For those who haven't seen it, Matt Sprange has posted here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6945&start=0

The next Mongoose Open Day will be May 14th.

Unfortunately for me and my entire MI squad we are scheduled to be helping out Mongoose at the Bristol Comic Expo that weekend.

http://www.comicexpo.net

I can't do both and I am seriously torn here between the two. I've never missed a Mongoose Open day yet!

More importantly, last I heard some Mongoose bods that would normally be helping out at the Open day will be in Bristol helping us out. Now that is a double scheduling snafu.

I'm gonna e-mail Matt and see if I can't get it shifted. Who's with me?

EDIT : Please don't move the Open Day to the 21st of May or 4th of June weekends as I have weddings to go to! :roll:

LBH

I thought exactly the same - I was very pleased to see Mongoose down as being at the Bristol Comics Expo, and looking forward to meeting them there - Theres little chance I can make an Open Day at the best of times tbh, but Bristol is a must do for me - a shame if double scheduling menas that Mongoose arent there (or are reduced in numbers).

its perfect for me:

1. After Payday

2. Its a saturday my very sexy Lady can have a relaxed day with out me bugging her!

3. Its my birthday on the 15th ie the next day so I can justify spends TWICE the amout of wonga!!!

Spot on,

Anton.

hehehehe lbh stop causing a rucas..

i uni cycle on saturdays so its a bit inconveniant for me, and if this comic fair is any good il probably go to that, although often comic conventions suck big time and are full of smelly people with their shirts tucked in wearing manky leather jackets with greasy side parted hair !!! they scare me.... plus they dribble !!!

so i would rather go to the open day.

saturday would be good as my wife can drive me there and go shoppingin swindon.

im torn !!!

i think its about priorities from mongoose realy, do they whant to have a good spread at the comic fair or their open day ? or try spread them selves thin over both ?

i think the open day is more important as it gives back to the gamers, while the comic fair is trying to promote a product many of the comic fair goers maynot evan be interested in, and if they where interested in it then they probably be going to the open day, or going to traveling man for a demo. i could be wrong.

The problem is the Bristol Expo isnt just a comic mart - it's THE big annual comic event - there will be loads of comics types (especially 2000AD fans like myself) who may not have picked up Gangs of MC1, or even be that aware of it!

This is the perfect opportunity to recruit more unsuspecting members of the GP to the way of the Mongoose, whereas I would have thought the open day preaches to the converted.

I'd urge Mongoose to make sure the Bristol Expo is well attended - I know that I got into Gangs from seeing the demo at Dreddcon last year...

At last - a Mongoose Day I can make!! :D (Sorry LBH!)
After missing the ACTA and ST days I shall be making sure I can get to this one!!

DW

As an addendum (and an edit to the poriginal post):

Please don't move the Open Day to the 21st of May or 4th of June weekends as I have weddings to go to! :roll:

LBH

I see LBH got his wish. The date has been changed to June 4th. (The other date he didn't want - oh, the irony)

Sam

Samvail1 said:
I see LBH got his wish. The date has been changed to June 4th. (The other date he didn't want - oh, the irony)

Sam

Gods, what have I done to offend thee so????

I suppose there's no good reason for me to ask Mongoose to shift it again just cos one of my mates is getting married that weekend!

Grrr!!!

Stupid marriage!

LBH

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:
LBH, the answer is simple. Have you buddy change his wedding date. :D

I think thats a fair request considering....I think i'll have to see if i can make it along to this one...

Thanks LBH! Now the date's changed I cannot go! :evil:

Where is the contact number for the Thenta Makur... I might have a contract for them... :twisted:

DW

Traveller-61 said:
Thanks LBH! Now the date's changed I cannot go! :evil:

Where is the contact number for the Thenta Makur... I might have a contract for them... :twisted:

DW

Sorry DW,

But to be fair I think it was probably the fact that Mongoose were double booked that weekend than my request that changed it.

I mean I can't go on the 4th either. Unless I split my mate and his intended up between now and then . . . . :twisted:

Kidding

Maybe Mongoose deliberately made it a day I couldn't go so they'd be guaranteed I wouldn't be there :?

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Sorry DW,

But to be fair I think it was probably the fact that Mongoose were double booked that weekend than my request that changed it.

I mean I can't go on the 4th either. Unless I split my mate and his intended up between now and then . . . . :twisted:

Kidding

Maybe Mongoose deliberately made it a day I couldn't go so they'd be guaranteed I wouldn't be there :?

LBH

OK... fair point. I'll cancel the contract then. Umm.. how do you cancel one of THEIR contracts?! :shock:

Maybe we can both get to the next ACTA day anyway! :lol:

DW

Thanks for understanding DW. I will know fear, I will know pain and then I will know death!

@ Greg,

Good point, I have spent some £700 on the last 3 Open Days (Can you tell I'm single :roll: ). but then I have requisitioned a lot of stuff for my MI squad the last couple of times.

Ah well, my mate's wedding is in the back of beyond somewhere so if I can't arrange a lift I might (v slim chance) get there. but I doubt it :cry:

LBH

Back