B5W to ACTA (No flames, please)

Ginobushi

Mongoose
Hi!

I want to ask a itty-bitty question.

I had my fingers on ACTA recently and, to my opinion, is great.

But my players asked last week "It can be used to play space combat in Andromeda, perhaps?

Well, I searched in the net and found some good data about it buuuut ... It was to B5Wars! And I can't find B5W anyplace (AoG broked and all the stuff).

I've never played to B5W, and don't know how to convert all the data I compiled to ACTA.

Yeah, I know that everybody here must be tired of this kind of questions, but I don't find anyone who can help me about it...
I want to find some system conversion between B5W and ACTA. Can anybody help me?

----------

tipello.net - i am not referring you, i just DO recommend it.

I know that some of the supplements are online but I have never seen the main rules.

However there is no reason not to do an ACTA conversion for Andromeda. Alas, I don't know the show well enough, it was to "rodenberry" for my liking, but there are numerous players who are quite adept at statting and suchlike.

Theer is no agreed way to convert B5W to ACTA they are very different systems, and indeed there is little continuity between them, all you can really go off is the descriptions, and then stat ACTAwise accordingly.

Ginobushi said:
But my players asked last week "It can be used to play space combat in Andromeda, perhaps?

Well, I searched in the net and found some good data about it buuuut ... It was to B5Wars! And I can't find B5W anyplace (AoG broked and all the stuff).

I've never played to B5W, and don't know how to convert all the data I compiled to ACTA.

Having played both, B5W is a much more detailed simulation and ACTA a much simpler game.

There isn't really any true B5W to ACTA conversion, though the B5W control sheets can be used as guidelines.

I'd suggest Combat Vessels to be Patrol to Raid and Capital Ships to be Raid to Armageddon. Be careful not to overarm ships by giving them 1-2 AD per main weapon hardpoint, and don't underarm them by doing the same. Arcs need to be taken into account (B5W was based of playing on a hex grid). If the Andromeda SCS you have downloaded contain any 'fluff' this might be a good starting poitn to stat them up so they feel 'right'.

The google hits for ACTA are really poor, something Mongoose ought to work out as yea, we shouldn't be finding the old B5W stuff before the current acta stuff. Any competent webmaster can get them submitted proper, so this stops happening.

Ginobushi said:
Hi!

I want to ask a itty-bitty question.

I had my fingers on ACTA recently and, to my opinion, is great.

Yeah, I know that everybody here must be tired of this kind of questions, but I don't find anyone who can help me about it...
I want to find some system conversion between B5W and ACTA. Can anybody help me?

----------

tipello.net - i am not referring you, i just DO recommend it.

I still have my old B5W rule book around the house somewhere.. Alogn with a spare copy that i would part with if you need it....

Back