B5 series pilot question

Mage

Mongoose
Don't mean to be a bother, but who was the second in command of B5 in the pilot. I know they chaned the actor around, but I am curious.
Was it a character called Takashima? If so, did she not appear in an episode toward the end of season 4 whne Sehridan talked with all the ship Captains to see who would join him?
And again if so, does'ent the female commander in the Earthforce miniature set look a lot like her too?

Cheers.

It was Laurel Takashima, although I think we're supposed to forget about her, in the same way that we're supposed to forget about the Minbari's "skin condition" from the pilot. I don't think she's ever seen again after the pilot, and I can't comment on the model.

apart from a warfleet and a single line or two that are flashbacked to it really isnt that great, well except for londo's little rant about the great centauri republic open 9-5 Earth standard time,

It was indeed Lt. Commander Laurel Takashima.

There are 2 versions of the pilot, the VHS and the DVD. The DVD is a remastered version with some editing changes and a rescore by Christopher Frank, whereas the original was scored by Stewart Copeland (Former member of "The Police")

The DVD version is better but both have their charms.

LBH

Takashima was originally intended to be the traitor, a role later filled by Talia Winters and Jack, Garibaldi's 2-i-C.

She isn't reused in the series. There is another asian officer, the Captain of the Churchill, in 'Severed Dreams', is that who you are thinking of?

lastbesthope said:
There are 2 versions of the pilot, the VHS and the DVD. The DVD is a remastered version with some editing changes and a rescore by Christopher Frank, whereas the original was scored by Stewart Copeland (Former member of "The Police")

Careful with this statement... There aretwo DVDs out here... one with the original pilot and one with the remastered one. The one in the movies box is the original pilot

You can tell them part by the covers: the remastered one has a big picture of G'Kar on it, left of the pic of the station. If you got Sinclair on the cover, it's the original pilot.

Rainer

Alone in the Night said:
Reborn said:
Close, Hiroshi ;) Been watching too much Enterprise have we? :p

The only reason I know Sandra Hiroshi is from the card game. Another useless 2L Human character that will never actually see a spot in any of my decks.

Blimey. Someone else who admits to playing the B5 card game. :)

Sandra Hiroshi was never a great card, but I found it a useful card to pad out EarthForce style Maintain the Peace decks, alongside the others like Captain Daniels, etc.

Chobbly

Hellhawk said:
Careful with this statement... There aretwo DVDs out here... one with the original pilot and one with the remastered one. The one in the movies box is the original pilot

I don't think it is - it's the remastered one too.

frobisher said:
Hellhawk said:

Well I have the individual UK R2 release, and the 5 movie box set R1 DVD release, and they are both the remastered version of the pilot.

If it's called The Gathering in the titles, it's the remastered version.

LBH

frobisher said:
Hellhawk said:

Fascinating - but not in my box. And I should know... I've always wondered about that. Interesting to learn that this is not generally the case. Seems to be a Germany-specific problem - I know of others in Germany who bought the same set and got the old version.

Rainer

Hellhawk said:
frobisher said:
Hellhawk said:

Fascinating - but not in my box. And I should know... I've always wondered about that.

Rainer

Exactly which box set is it that you have HH?

Is it the complete Universe box set?

LBH

Back