B5 Season 4 DVD boxset!

ronbogard

Mongoose
UPS dropped off B5 Season 4 DVD box set today and I just preordered Season 5 today from Amazon. :D But I was thinking in other countries what season is out for B5 DVD? Oh I live in the USA so I don't need to know that one. :wink:

I do wish that they were released same time in boith countries. I get more than a little hacked off that we have to wait 3+ months sometimes for DVD releases, B5 or otherwise.

I received my copy of Season 4 on Wednesday; I had pre-ordered it from the canadian division of Amazon. It was great to watch again the conclusion of the Shadow war (first 6 episodes).

In general, we have the same release dates as the USA gets.

redlaco said:
I received my copy of Season 4 on Wednesday; I had pre-ordered it from the canadian division of Amazon. It was great to watch again the conclusion of the Shadow war (first 6 episodes).

In general, we have the same release dates as the USA gets.

Darn, everywhere I went said "Babylon 5 season 4? Never heard of it..."

:x

CARTMAG said:
order online Ike... its been there for months... thats why I pre-orderd my copy.....

Oh, I know...www.walmart.com get much money from me. It's were I buy all my RPGs and now DVDs, but they've said they haven't gotten it yet. And I trust Amazon like I trust a Centauri... :wink:

redlaco said
I had pre-ordered it from the canadian division of Amazon.
Tell me about it I had just pre-ordered B5 season 5 right before I got season 4. Can not wait for april until it comes out.

Is season 5 worth it?

You're dealing with someone with ZERO season knowledge, as I only started watching B5 when season 1 DVD came out and I bought it as a present for my wife (an long time B5 fan). I've heard they rushed to end the story in season 4, then was extended to season 5.

What's the 411?

And no, I don't read online sites to find this stuff out. :p

It's true the resolution of the Shadow war could have have been a little longer, but overall it's still feels right for me.

-=SPOILER AHEAD=-

Some complained that it was too easy as Sheridan and Delenn just talked their way out of the war with the support of Lorien, telling both Shadows and Vorlons that they made bad guardians since they lost their way, etc. I found this approach most refreshing; you get a rich metaphor instead of just an all out war in which thousands of vessels get blasted until the good guys outsmarted the bad guys to oblivion. Still, that would have been quite spectacular since their CGI were far more dynamic and well done in season 4 than before...
All in all, I appreciate the way JMS spinned that tale. Far more epic to me!

On another matter, the possessed Garibaldi sounds quite depressing on season 4, even bordering on unnerving. I miss his cynical jokes from previous seasons.

BTW, can't wait to get Crusade and TNT's telefilms on DVD.

And, only 5 days to wait before the great announcement from the Great Maker ! :twisted:

As someone said elsewhere : What a great time to be a B5 fan !

I've heard they rushed to end the story in season 4, then was extended to season 5.

they weren`t sure that they were going to get the series renewed, so they had to squeese alot into season four, which left them with filler episodes, the telepath crisis and the fall of Centauri power for season 5.

you will also miss "sleeping in light", the final episode, as well.

depends how much you are into it.

i`m busy waiting for season four to come out in March. :D

redlaco said:
-=SPOILER AHEAD=-

telling both Shadows and Vorlons that they made bad guardians since they lost their way, etc. I found this approach most refreshing;

Funny, that's the ONLY season 4 episode I accidentally saw on SciFi at 9am one weekday...too funny. :)

Back