B5 Crusade

The only problem I have with the book is that the Drack (sp?) are not given as a race and there isn't much info on them in the book.

I am enjoying it and already hatching some plans for the future of my B5 campaign.

Sidney

msprange said:
Oh, I think the Drakh deserve their own book :)

When can we expect it?

By the way, the basic book covered all the major races as well as some of the more important minor races and then you produced a racial book for each of the major races and a separate book about the league. So why not include in the Crusade book a short write up on the Drakh similar to what you did in the basic book for the minor races in the basic book?

Sidney

Pretty much the same reason we have not covered the Shadows and Vorlons up to now (book coming out in October!). Basically, we like the mystery behind these guys and won't be revealing anything about them until we are truly ready.

For these guys, we need to do them justice - when the Drakh book comes out, it will be worth the wait. . .

And that's exactly what the little eyeball on your shoulder wants you to say right? :p Can't wait to see it when it's ready

msprange said:
it will be worth the wait. . .

I really hate statements like that, it just makes me think, "I'll judge that for myself."

I mean I've heard that from so many RPG companies about so many books, but only a few were really worth the wait. The book might have been ok on its own, but as I said only a few have been so good IMHO that they really were "worth the wait."

El Cid said:
So why not include in the Crusade book a short write up on the Drakh similar to what you did in the basic book for the minor races in the basic book?

Sidney

Too late to change the Crusade book as it's already out :lol:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
El Cid said:
So why not include in the Crusade book a short write up on the Drakh similar to what you did in the basic book for the minor races in the basic book?

Sidney

Too late to change the Crusade book as it's already out :lol:

LBH

That's what paper clips are for. :lol:

Nah, you'd damage the book. Use one of those expanding files with a section for the errata and additions to each book for it.

I picked Crusade up last night from FLGS and I love it. Didn;t finish it till about 2 this morning. Good work on this one.

The three unfilmed episodes had me cursing the Powers That Be that they ever saw fit to cancel the series!

My first look revealed that someone at Mongoose made a serious error in my opinion. I feel that the Excalibur is way, way, way under what it should have for Hit points. I feel that it should have at least 1400 if not 1500. And I plan on using it as so in my game. I mean it is supposed to be the most powerful vessel created by the younger races ever in the galaxy. It is second only to the first ones in power. Think about it, seriously.

Aramanthus said:
My first look revealed that someone at Mongoose made a serious error in my opinion. I feel that the Excalibur is way, way, way under what it should have for Hit points. I feel that it should have at least 1400 if not 1500. And I plan on using it as so in my game. I mean it is supposed to be the most powerful vessel created by the younger races ever in the galaxy. It is second only to the first ones in power. Think about it, seriously.

Don't forget about the presence of the Excalibur's bio-adaptive shielding. It is able to shrug off lesser hits completely, and negate a good percentage of damage inflicted by larger blasts, and this is above and beyond the Excalibur's native DR score. And, the bio-adaptive shielding is not the only defensive option the Excalibur has. The Excalibur is not invulnerable, as in the unproduced episodes it runs into something which more than gives it a run for its money.

The alternative to the Excalibur having an (excessively) high number of hit points is to reduce the amount of damage that opponents are able to inflict on the vessel, which is intended to reflect the bio-adaptive shielding seen on the Excalibur in the show. But, it's your game. :)

And yes, it's a shame that Crusade was cancelled, but at least with the unproduced episodes we know more than we did before...

Chobbly

Back