Attn Matt Sprange: More counters please

Would you buy counter sheets if available

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi all, and especially Matt. Sad to hear about the end of B5, hope the new licence will be something good. In the meantime however do you think you will be able to do another counter set with the new ships not covered in SFOS. It will add a nice touch of completeness to this great edition. Thanks.

It would be a great idea - however I am not sure that they will produce a new line this close to the end of the licence :?:

its unlikely that the licences will be expiring anywhere near the new year, its. I believe it will be the summer or early fall.

Maybe part of the deal with Iron Wind was that no counters would be printed as it would inhibit sales of minis?

Although, I know many people in our club were interested in B5. I am planning to buy a few packs of SFOS counters - but proper 2E ones would be awesome.

Mongoose aren't going to waste time or money on a dead product line. P&P may appear, but only because it is so close to being finished. I don't expect anything else though, and to be honest, even if there was, I wouldn't buy it.

I am afraid we simply don't have the time right now for a new counters set. Or, put another way, we could do either P&P _or_ a counters set. Which would you want? :)

How about sheets of counters in the back of P&P? They could then be photocopied/printed on card by those who desire them.

Not ideal but better than nothing.

I'll draw the ships! :p

Narchy said:
How about sheets of counters in the back of P&P? They could then be photocopied/printed on card by those who desire them.

Potentially yes, that could be done - but as you say, it would not be ideal. . .

msprange said:
Narchy said:

Potentially yes, that could be done - but as you say, it would not be ideal. . .
You left out the second bit - "but better than nothing". ;)

How many ships are we talking about anyway, given that it's only those which appear in 2e but not in the SFOS counters?

msprange said:
It doesn't take any more time to print something than it does to put together a PDF :)

I know, I know.

But if P&P is going to have a black and white inner, then a colour PDF for counters would allow people to have them in colour.

It would save you guys having to print a couple of colour pages within a B&W book.

If P&P is in colour - then all is well. You just have to work out if the additional print cost for add counter sheets is worth it. Though it would only be a few pages.

Any books/magazines I have put together have only had a run of a few thousand so I am not sure how well my experience holds up when you get into the big world of publishing. :)

Narchy said:
Any books/magazines I have put together have only had a run of a few thousand so I am not sure how well my experience holds up when you get into the big world of publishing. :)

Gaming is not quite the 'big' world of publishing :)

I've been away since 2e ACTA. Only because I haven't had a play group.

If I recall correctly, there was supposed to be a new set of counters after 2e to address all the new ships that were added. Was this ever done?

Thanks,
Dom

nope.............

I'm not actually sure how many ships we are talking about........reasonable number I think?

msprange said:
Narchy said:

Gaming is not quite the 'big' world of publishing :)

I suppose not. I probably have a warped view of how big gaming sales are, as 80% of my friends would be the kind of people who buy RPGs, Mini games and board games.

I have put together a few free, or charity magazines where I have had to count the cost of every single page just to make sure it breaks even.

Da Boss said:
nope.............

I'm not actually sure how many ships we are talking about........reasonable number I think?

ones I can think of at this moment:
Marathon
Tantalus
Myrmidon
Entire Dilgar Fleet
Neroon
T'rakk
G'vrahn
Ka'Bin'Tak
Liati
Adira
WS Fighter
Bluestar
Nolo'tar
Liandra
WS gunship
WS carrier
Brivoki
Juyaca
Shakara
Kabrokta
Corumai
Cidikar
Fireraptor
Entire Gaim Fleet
Porfatis
Urik'hal
Hurr gunship
Pshul'shi
Z'takk
Lumati transport
Technomage Pinnace
Ipsha Warglobe
Entire Drakh Fleet
Shadow Cloak
Fighter Carrier
Mothership
Nemesis
Raider Nova
All the Ancients

so thats 40 ships plus an additional 3 entire fleets

edit: forgot the riva, pikatos, nova, tiger, badger and firebolt furies, shial, shadow fury, black omega starfury and zorth

Back