atlantean...2nd ed..

D_Drew

Mongoose
Hi there, I am nwe to the Conan RPG. I have the Atlantean edition, is this different than the 2nd Edition? If it is different, is it totally different?

My understanding is that there are only a few differnces and those don't really effect game play (with the exception of the changes to Defensive Blast). Mostly (again, my guesses based on what I've heard here, so reliable sources) 2ED is just reorganization, a few classes moved up to Core Classes (Temptress, for one) and that's about it.

Check the link and see if you can read between the lines, because giving exact rules as written would be an infringement of copyright. That, and houserule stuff that sees odd, or come here and as when you encounter a problem. Personally, I'm sticking with AE due to the price-tag and lack of color in 2ED, and I'd imagine that there quite a number of us vets that are of that same frame of mind.

The upside to 2ED is that any books you get for AE are purported to be 100% compatible, so your only dilema with sticking to AE is finding the books. The best supplement, Road of Kings, has been out of print forever.

Back