Army boxes

What is the best arachnid army boxed set?

• Twenty warriors and a tanker 40-60$

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ten warriors, an infiltrator and a mantis 40-60$

• Twenty warriors, three hoppers, five fire fries 70-90$

• Total voters
The Old Soldier said:
40 warriors, 1 Tanker and 6 hoppers for 100!!!! That would be one hell of a great price, even 120 would be fair.

Ummmm, that's over 200 dollars worth of stuff. Maybe 150-170 for something like that, but 100 would be absurd.

Voracioustigger said:
The Old Soldier said:
40 warriors, 1 Tanker and 6 hoppers for 100!!!! That would be one hell of a great price, even 120 would be fair.

Ummmm, that's over 200 dollars worth of stuff. Maybe 150-170 for something like that, but 100 would be absurd.

It's thirty warriors, and I tried to make the prices close to sixty percent, for a reason given by a secret source who scares me with newspapers...

Boxes should be targetted at providing a large, "core" force, and should preferably be purchaseable a couple times over. OS is on target with the species, I'd revise it to:

20 Warriors, 3 Hoppers, 1 Tanker
Contains the "core" bugs, 700 army points, combined with Box set you are 1000 Bug points. People can buy this set 3 time over before they hit an upper "host" limit on the Tanker. Price normally $127, get this down to the magic number: $99.99.

There could also be a "reinforcements" box set of 3 spiders, 5 fries, 4 ripplers, and a Plasma. 510 Army points, again this set could be bought 3 times over for a single "host." Normally $125, priced down to $99.99.

duryeaa said:
Boxes should be targetted at providing a large, "core" force, and should preferably be purchaseable a couple times over. OS is on target with the species, I'd revise it to:

20 Warriors, 3 Hoppers, 1 Tanker
Contains the "core" bugs, 700 army points, combined with Box set you are 1000 Bug points. People can buy this set 3 time over before they hit an upper "host" limit on the Tanker. Price normally $127, get this down to the magic number: $99.99.

There could also be a "reinforcements" box set of 3 spiders, 5 fries, 4 ripplers, and a Plasma. 510 Army points, again this set could be bought 3 times over for a single "host." Normally $125, priced down to $99.99.

Yeah I was thinking of upgrade boxes,-The tanker upgrade box, but for some reason it didnt show up as an option...OH GEEZ! I completely forgot about the Brain Bug!

I had to say the 20 warriors and a tanker because that makes the army box a better deal than more starter sets. Lots of people buy the starters just for the warriors. This combo would fill that desire and provide a bug you may need more than one of.

The Old Soldier said:
Somebody explain this to me,
if you combine the first choice with the last, Its only three hoppers, but also five firefries thats 110$

I never say it was a priceing that was fair, just it would have been great.

Humm, Come to think about it, the 20 warriors, 3 hoppers and a tanker is a very good addition. Even a special bundle of just warriors would be super. EVERY army should have about 40 warriors, 1 tanker, and 6 hoppers IMO. I'm spoiled really, since my local store has been given me great price breaks from the beginning.

Okay my vote is for the 20 warriors, 3 hoppers and a tanker!

Definetly the 40 warriors and 1 tanker.

Swarm them with hardy cc monsters and crush any bigger targets with the tanker! :twisted:

I would not be interested in any of those army boxes. The combo given in following thread by Hiromoon is one I'd be interested in:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15085

Back