Armor Piercing

MadDog

Mongoose
AP values of a HTH weapon are increased by the strength bonus of the wielder. If the weapon is two-handed, is the increase in AP equal to 1.5 x STR bonus ?

I thought I read this, but I cant find it. Or I could be nuts.

Mad Dog

That was rulesmaster errata from a while back. Personally, I don't use it as I feel it makes it too easy to get a real high AP that way.

YMMV

Later.

What argo said; the Rulesmasters have answered yes to your question (1.5 Str bonus to AP), but I don't use it myself; two-handed weapons are good enough as they are IMO.

If 1.5*STRmod applies to DAM, then why not to AP, I wonder?
That't the way we do it. I think that is perfectly logical.
What's the point of a STR bonus if you can't use it to punish the baddies/monsters? :twisted:

Well, if it is official, I will use it.

Is there any way we can get all the replies from the rulesmasters into a single document ?

Mad Dog

ANy one have a link tot hat rulemaster ruling? While I can see both sides to the argument I'd liek to see it in print... or my computer screen rather.

foxworthy said:
ANy one have a link tot hat rulemaster ruling? While I can see both sides to the argument I'd liek to see it in print... or my computer screen rather.
I sent this as a question to the Rulesmasters myself, and still have the email response. Can't access it right now, but I'll get it for you.

MadDog said:
Is there any way we can get all the replies from the rulesmasters into a single document?
foxworthy said:
I posted the things I've asked the Rulesmasters in a separate thread.

I would also say that I feel contrary to the Rulesmasters on this one.

The definition of AP is that it is equal to one's STR bonus. One's STR bonus is actually changed when weild ing a 2HW, is is effectively changed, and then only for the purposes of damage by the RAW. I can see wher ethe wiggle room is, but, as others have said already, 2HW are good enough already without making AP even better.

Back